Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

stronger / better: e-maxx or e-savage

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
e-maxx is stronger
41.38%
e-savage / e-zilla is stronger
58.62%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

stronger / better: e-maxx or e-savage

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
TheEmaxxKid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stronger / better: e-maxx or e-savage

ORIGINAL: PedeBeater

The only setback of the e-savage is the drive shafts. From what I have heard they will not hold up to anything over stock.
In my experience, the driveshafts hold up well, even with BL/Lipo. I've broken two so far; one on an awkward landing from about 6 feet up onto rough terrain and the other from doing standstill backflips on asphalt. Just keep the slipper at around the stock setting or a bit looser and you shouldn't have any problems.

Koolaid, when you want to upgrade motors, I would recommend the S-600s. I went brushless before I ran them in my E-Savage, but in my E-Maxx they gave a great performance increase. Even when one motor got disconnected, the single motor had more torque than both stock motors. Here's an excellent chart of brushed motors: http://www.e-savage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8

Old 12-18-2007, 09:32 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

First of all, I figured out break-in question.

TheEmaxxKid, that looks like a good option. Do you know if it's safe to go in reverse with the s-600's(or if they even will), given that they're plane motors and aren't supposed to go in reverse, the scoop on that anyways? Thanks.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:27 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: 500 lb. koolaid man

TheEmaxxKid, that looks like a good option. Do you know if it's safe to go in reverse with the s-600's(or if they even will), given that they're plane motors and aren't supposed to go in reverse, the scoop on that anyways? Thanks.
I have heard you can go in reverse for short pierods of time with them, even though it isn't such a great idea for them[&o]
Old 12-18-2007, 11:32 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: calvino

I have heard you can go in reverse for short pierods of time with them, even though it isn't such a great idea for them[&o]
No, you can go in reverse with no problems. I am unsure if the motors in the savage are mounted in opposite directions, if so you would need to get one s 600 r i believe. They have advanced timing and this is why. But in short I do not see why they would not be able to go in reverse, they will just be slower (due to advanced timing).
Old 12-19-2007, 05:16 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

ORIGINAL: calvino

No, you can go in reverse with no problems. I am unsure if the motors in the savage are mounted in opposite directions, if so you would need to get one s 600 r i believe. They have advanced timing and this is why. But in short I do not see why they would not be able to go in reverse, they will just be slower (due to advanced timing).
now that I think of it, one has to be running in reverse, while one is running forwards, and when you reverse it, it does the oposite, and vice versa, now I am definately considering one, was looking at as a first truck, but, now that I have a mini, still def considering one, Keep us posted, here are also some GREAT replacments that will not bust the bank, [link=http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/DCM-267/400200/DC_MOTOR,_3-24_VDC_.html]Here is one, people say it is better for the maxx, who cares, it is 550 size[/link], [link=http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/DCM-229/400200/3-12_VDC_MOTOR_.html]these can suposidely give you 15% more power[/link] ok, hope those links help, plus the low cost = MORE MONEY FOR UPGRADES