Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

XTREM JET DRAGON ARTF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

XTREM JET DRAGON ARTF

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 12:12 PM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XTREM JET DRAGON ARTF

Engine hatch heat insulation done. First make a template from paper. Cut the ceramic blanket acording to template. Glue thin aluminum foil with high temp RTV (silicone) to the ceramic blanket. Last glue ceramic blanket to hatch with rtv with the aluminum foil facing out. Here the pics.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98179.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	809914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57776.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	809915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69382.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	809916  
Old 11-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lookin' good Alex.....................
Old 12-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just received my Jolly Rodger dragon & it is very nice. You guys that have one, did you get any hardware,apart from the flap hinges & a few screws? I never got any servo mounts or other hinges, pushrods or clevises. Anton says these are an extra option, but on the Dragon website it says hardware is included & there is no option to purchase a hardware package. I think at least the servo mount brackets are an essential part of the kit. I guess I will have to make up some kind of servo brackets.

Conclusion:- A great looking kit, spoiled by penny pinching on small essential parts.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:31 AM
avicom

Jascat, mine did came with the control rods, but no servo mounts at all. The servo mounts will be necessary for the ail and flps, I use the carbon L shape type from Tam. Servos in the tail are installed in the ribs inside the surface. For the hinges I use robart pins type.

Rgds
Alex
Old 12-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Jim Cattanach

Thanks Alex. Anyone building the Dragon, do not join the fuselage halves together, then try to fit the fuel tanks as per the sparse instructions. You cannot get them in. Fit them before the join. Also the instructions say to fit the large fuel tank on the bottom, between the air intakes & the small one on top. This is wrong. The small one goes in the bottom & the large one on top. I measured the capaciy of the tanks. The total is 5 litres, 3 in the large & 2 in the small tank. This should give long flight times using the recommended turbine. I am fitting a Simjet 2300.

I bought some L shaped aluminium extrusion & cut it up for servo brackets.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:43 AM
avicom

That's true is more easy to fit the tanks with the half not joined. But with good patience and care they can go in with the two half together. It's a little tricky. I did removed them twice allready. Now I can remove them for maintenace any time without loosing the fuse half. I also notice that the instructions are reversed about tanks position. And yes the fuel capacity is about 153oz, this will give you easy 10 min flights at full with the Super Eagle. So with a good throttle management you can get maybe 12 min plus some left for abort landing. Mine is almost finish. Today I hope my LHS get the final items I need. Still need to balance her and program the radio with the Wea Rx. Not sure if I can get to maiden this weekend. If not may be in two more weeks. Next week is allready compromise.

Also one thing I notice is that the position for the set screw for the all flying surface are in the aft part.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:49 AM
avicom

The black is the fin notice the set screw just in front of the main spar and the small pin far in front. Same for the elv halves, the srew just in front of the main spar right at the far rear and just a small dowell in front. For the main wings they are almost centerline but again back from main spar. I hope this not cause any problems at high speed. Tell me how are yours Jascat.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51821.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	820315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68973.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	820316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk17416.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	820317   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd88819.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	820318  
Old 12-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Carols Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Set bolt on main is not a problem flew mine all summer. I have proto so my stab and vertical fin are in middle of servo bays only problem is that you must remove servo to access the bolt.I expressed this problem to Adil. I thought that they would fix this by putting bolt through front pin and rear spar I'm modifying mine so it will be easyer to transport.

GEORGE
Old 12-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Jim Cattanach

Alex. I do not see any real problems. I have fitted a longer bolt with a wide washer to hold the tail fin on.
Plumbed & fitted both fuel tanks. I used silicone & balsa spacers to secure the tanks in place.
I have fitted Behotec retracts & the very robust trailing link struts that are fitted to the Aviation design Scorpion. They fit in with very little modification to the wing.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:44 AM
avicom

Well guys, no maiden for my dragon today. I made a mistake installing the control horn of the flaps. I just can not make the rod move the flaps at all. What a bummer I am.[>:]
This is my first time installing this offset flaps and I did all wrong. And to my lucky my camera have not batts for the moment. The pics in the manual shows a diferent hinge that the provide in the harware pack. Can some one who build one can post pics of the correct flaps hinges and horn installation?

Thanks
Alex