Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

2nd Gear problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:09 AM
rolly16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Gear problem

Yo,
After not being able to hear my 2ng gear and not being able to adjust it. I took it to my hobby shop for them to fix it.
After my 1st tank everything was going fine, 2ng gear and everything. 2nd tank wasnt so great for i had noticed 2nd gear wasnt working...again and that my car was noticeably slower?

Luckily after taking my car to the hobby shop they also wrote what they did 2 fix it. it said. "Grub Screw was Loose". Problem is, is that i dont know where the grub screw is. theres 2 screws on the clutch. 1 for adjusting the shifting and the other for tightening the clutch to the rod so its in place.

Any 1 know how they can help [:-]

Cheers.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:25 AM
haasjj

Default RE: 2nd Gear problem

Please explain better. You wrote "Any 1 know how they can help" what do you mean by this, are you asking which one is the grub screw that you need to turn to adjust shift point. Or are you asking which way to turn the screw? Also provide a bit more info which car or truck and pics if you can.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:43 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the grub screws will face directly towards the centre of the shaft - this holds the hub in place. I suspect this is the one causing the problem, and not the other which controls shift point.

You'll need to threadlock it in place on the flat part of the shaft - and if it continues to loosen itself double up on grub screws.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:32 AM
rolly16

yea. Thanks Problem Fixed.