Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Problem with E.S.C.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:47 AM
turboBOOST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with E.S.C.

Hi, I'm brand new to the RC world. A few days ago I bought an electric [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFSG4&P=ML]Tamiya Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint kit car[/link]Tamiya Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Kit car from TowerHobby.com. I got the Futuba T2PH Radio that their site recommended with that particular car. After receiving the car I was a bit aversive to the construction, but once I started I fell in love. I got to the stage where the instructions had me hook the receiver and steering servo to the E.S.C. I'm not sure I followed the instructions right the first time, but after about an hour reading and checking and rechecking things I'm sure I have everything right.

My problem is... When I turn on the transmitter, then switch on the E.S.C./receiver, the test light on the E.S.C. flashes continuously. I determined from the manuals that this indicates the transmitter is not on; however, it is. I have tried switching things on and off in the proper order several times times and get the same result every time (with receiver and transmitter off, I turn on the transmitter then the receiver, upon power off, I switch off the receiver then the transmitter... I'm not sure if I followed this order the first time I turned things on and off; I truly don't remember).

Please help, it's sunday and I want to get this thing working before the week starts, and hope I don't have a faulty E.S.C or transmitter/receiver.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:21 AM
turboBOOST

Default RE: Problem with E.S.C.

Ooopps, I'm brilliant! I figured it out myself The instructions were very confusing. I thought the cable connecting the esc to the receiver provided the power (that's what the instructions led me to believe). However, I did need to connect the battery cable to the receiver.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2008, 07:08 AM
The Mad Modder

I'm glad to hear that you started rc with a Tamiya. I own 3 and like them all very much.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:51 PM
turboBOOST

Yes, Tamiya seems to produce very high quality materials. I'm happy with my purchase. I think my next buy is going to be a nitro powered Lamborghini Countach from HPI. That ought to be another learning experience.