Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

x9303 high/low idle

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Grotesquebass
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x9303 high/low idle

Hey guys i am sure some of you have the JR X9303 and use the high/low idle function can ya'll tell me how you set it up i did not see it anywhere in the manual
Old 02-10-2008, 05:23 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Default RE: x9303 high/low idle

What I do is set up a mix (usually mix #5 or 6), set Aux 4 to throttle, and in the device menu I set the Aux 4 switch to the Elevator dual rate switch (or any other switch you want it on). Then in the mix you can click on the value amount and you should be able to flip the switch you selected and the position cursor changes and you can change the value up or down. Hope that makes sense.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Grotesquebass

i have heard of people using mix one throttle to throttle thats what was confusing me your way seems a bit easier
Old 02-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Flying freak

ORIGINAL: Grotesquebass

i have heard of people using mix one throttle to throttle thats what was confusing me your way seems a bit easier
I would use mix #3 you dont need multi point mix like #1 and 2

This is a pic of mine, I used the "mix" switch as my idle up switch and happened to dial in 15% your numbers will abvously varry

Steven
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69188.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	875309  
Old 02-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Flying freak

Btw: What I posted above is *NOT* the 2.4 version but an earlier version I was told that both have the smae programming so im hoping it can help..

Steven
Old 02-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Grotesquebass

that helps a bunch thanks alot
Old 02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I mix the left side slider into throttle, about 10%. You can easily set it up or down with your left index finger.

It does not need to be assigned to a channel, you can just mix the slider in.

TF
Old 02-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Grotesquebass

hmmm sounds like i am going to have to read up on that one....i was messing around tonite and was able to set it to my mix switch but i also am sure i might need rudder elev mixing and would put that on a switch but with the ignition cutoff going on ch 5 i am running out of switches
Old 02-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: Flying freak

I would use mix #3 you dont need multi point mix like #1 and 2

This is a pic of mine, I used the "mix" switch as my idle up switch and happened to dial in 15% your numbers will abvously varry

Steven
Thats pretty much the way I have mine setup--I assigned the mix to my gear switch.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Uhhh, I think I'm missing something. What's wrong with simply using the idle trim lever to raise or lower the idle?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: Pat Roy

Uhhh, I think I'm missing something. What's wrong with simply using the idle trim lever to raise or lower the idle?
Nothing---I have mine setup so I can keep the trim in the center at all times..when I want to land just flip the gear switch and I'm ready to go..I like to keep the idle slightly higher for flying so I don't flame out..
Besides I have all those fancy switches and I have to use as many as I can..
Old 02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Flying freak

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

Nothing---I have mine setup so I can keep the trim in the center at all times..when I want to land just flip the gear switch and I'm ready to go..I like to keep the idle slightly higher for flying so I don't flame out..
Besides I have all those fancy switches and I have to use as many as I can..

Thats where it is set up on all my other AC (ultra sport) just that particular plane has landing gear so i couldn't use that switch although now that think about it idle up when wheels are up would be goo because thats when you do all the aerobatics.

Steven
Old 02-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Ih82crash

I dont have a 9303 but what I do is before I take off I move the throttle trim up three clicks then before I land I Move it three clicks down. No mixing and no problems
Old 02-11-2008, 11:20 AM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First....if you only have one plane that is fine. But when you have numerous planes and they are not all exactly center on the idle trim changing the trim switch gives you headaches.

Using a mix you can fine tune your High idle to each plane and only have to move the switch once where the trim tab may have to move several clicks to get it right. Its all preference

Next....when I make my mix I use throttle to throttle and put it on the mix switch. Its pretty simple......on the 10x. I set the start point at 1-2 clicks above idle. This means anytime I'm at idle the engine will run slightly higer than stock idle. I then also mix my downline mix.....throttle to elevator on the mix switch. now at idle I have a touch of down elevator on my downlines.

You can put multiple mixes on one switch. The 9303 should be no different in that regards
Old 02-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Grotesquebass

how do u get it on the rear trimmer thats on each side of the radio? i only see under switch select the ones that are on top the tx.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Flying freak

Sorry but i haven't played with that [&o]

umm try asking in the jr forum in the radio forum someone will be able to answerer you there
Old 02-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

ORIGINAL: Grotesquebass

how do u get it on the rear trimmer thats on each side of the radio? i only see under switch select the ones that are on top the tx.
Rear trimmer on each side of the radio? Are you talking about the levers on each side?

The answer is that you may not be able to do so...

It's one of the things I do miss about switching to JR from Futaba where you can assign any function to any switch. With the JR/Spektrum radios only certain switches are available with certain mixes or control functions.

I setup my X9303 like Josey has done using the gear switch for what I call "flight idle" and it's done using a "throttle to throttle" mix and set the percentage to achieve whatever speed increase you desire. If you're going to use a mix for the idle up function, you'll need to go through the mixes one by one and find out which switches are available for you to use.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:37 AM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure it can be done.......but first you have to activate the switch the lever is associated with.