Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Looking for parts for Trinity Picco P15...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Looking for parts for Trinity Picco P15...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 10:06 AM
FUZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for parts for Trinity Picco P15...

I have a Trinity Picco P-15 engine on my Losi XXXnt and have ran appx 1 gallon of fuel through it and it had ran great up until a couple of days ago. It started having trouble ideling after it warmed up at times and at other times I would have no problem at all. Well,... after checking the whole engine out I narrowed down the problem to trash in the carb. Well,..... I took the carb apart to see and sure enough and there was alot of trash in the carb especially in the low needle side. I also noticed that the high speed needle's o-ring had a cut in it, so I am now in need of an o-ring for it. I have emailed Trinity and have not recieved a response and have called Horizon Hobby and they dont carry the item and called Tower Hobbies and they carry the part but its on back order and they said there is no telling when they will have it in stock. The Trinity part number is TP6070 and the size of the o-ring is .215 outside diameter and .091 inside diameter. If anyone knows of where I can find one of these I would be very grateful.

PS ..... A little info on the Trinity Picco P-15 engine for those who havent seen one run. These engines tune easy and have lots of power. I am running my stock clutch setup with a 18clutch bell and a 51 tooth spur and I will smoke a couple of my friends 2.5 Rustlers for appx 20 yards and then they will pass me. I am planning on switching to a 20 tooth clutch bell and see how it will do then. ALSO,....... ALWAYS RUN A FUEL FILTER,.......lol

Thanks,
FUZZ
Old 04-20-2003, 11:55 AM
KyleSch

So what parts do you need? If there is stuff inside the carb its likely there is stuff inside the engine too, so I guess you would want both. The bad news is a new carb is 75 and new piston/sleeve is 90, so Its probably better off getting a whole new engine for 160.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUL07&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUK99&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...70&FVPROFIL=++
Old 04-20-2003, 11:43 PM
FUZZ

There is nothing wrong with the carb or the piston or sleeve. I just need the little O-ring seal that goes on the high speed needle. Tower Hobbies carries the part but the are on back order and they dont know when they will have one.

Thanks,
FUZZ
Old 04-21-2003, 02:47 PM
KyleSch

Contact Trinity, they might just send one to you for free, its not much of an expense to them compared to your business.