Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

MHZ or Ballantine RTR

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

MHZ or Ballantine RTR

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:29 PM
FROGMAN524
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MHZ or Ballantine RTR

Hey everybody, I'm looking for a Ballantine Mantis cat rtr or the large v hull he used to make rtr, also, some sort of rtr MHZ boat. Does anybody know where I can find them new or used, and why has Ballantine stopped making his Mantis and his other big v hull? What's MHZ's website? Thanks a lot, FROGMAN524.[>:]
Old 06-06-2005, 02:47 PM
NitroMedic
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: MHZ or Ballantine RTR

Hey FrogBro!!!

MHZ's website is: MHZUSA.com Good luck on your search! Those guys sell nothing but top-of-the-line merchandise.

Shayne
Old 06-06-2005, 02:55 PM
FROGMAN524
My Feedback: (5)

Ok, thank you, I just took a look at the www.bonzisports.com site and their boats are overpriced, but they sure do look good!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:38 AM
donzi18

My brother-in-law has a big deep vee from Ballantine "I think it's 65 inch cigarette" with a single gas engine. All the hardware are top notch. The boat runs great.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:44 PM
ISKATEFAST

Ballentine will not be availible for a while, if at all. You may be able to find a used boat around but I know that Rich is going through some very hard times and not doing much of any boat stuff these days.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:00 PM
ZCOPTER

YOU WANT A KILLER CAT CHECK THIS ONE OUT FROM 'ZONE ONE HOBBIES' THEY HAVE IT LISTED ON EBAY ITEM # 6057928645
THIS IS A 70" SKATER CAT THIS THING IS SO HOT! I JUST BOUGHT A DEEP VEE 57" APACHE FROM THEM AND DAN IS A GREAT GUY TO WORK WITH AND THERE BOATS ARE GREAT, VERY NICE QUALITY!!![sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ahhh I finally placed the name Zone One Hobbies - Just watch Zone One Hobbies. They are the former CIP and CIP left many without boats and money about 12 months back when they ended up kicked off E-bay and JRCBD.

CIP started making hulls after customers won auctions. They they got backed up - then they invested in RC cars and completely disregarded their back ordered boat customers. Last I heard there were still several left boatless. That Skater is not bad. But for the price I would expect that they would finish the seams (they used to!!).

The 52" Cat i just got from them has to be the heaviest hull I have for its size. The rough seam is real PITA to rework.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:16 PM
ZCOPTER

I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH ZONE ONE HOBBIES & I THINK THEY HAVE VERY NICE BOATS! ALSO THE PEOPLE THERE HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO HELP ME! I CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE PASS OF ONE PERSON OR COMPANY, IT'S HOW THEY GO FORWARD AND HOW TREAT PEOPLE THAT SETS THE STANDARDS FOR DOING BUSINESS!! ALSO I'VE WORKED FOR COMPANIES THAT HAD BAD PEOPLE THAT RUN THE BUSINESS IN TO THE GROUND AND WHEN NEW PEOPLE STEP IN AN TAKE IT OVER THEY MAKE THE COMPANY FOR WHAT IT IS TODAY!!! BESIDES THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE CLAIM TO ONE THING AND REALLY TURN OUT TO BE ANOTHER AND THAT GOES FOR THE SAME FOR ALOT OF COMPANIES THAT DOSE BUSINESS UNDER ANOTHERS NAMES TO PROTECT THERE CREDIBILITY AND THAT GOES FOR PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AND EBAY!![>:]

CATCH MY DRIFT, WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT IT'S ALL **** TO ME!!! THEY NEED TO BE REAL OR BE GONE!!![>:]
Old 05-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am not trashing the company or your experience with them. You were the one who brought them up in a thread that is 12 months old discussing bare hulls when the thread is asking about RTR's.

I just keep an ear out when people dont get what they pay for. Certainly Zone One has great feedback on e-bay presently. WHile they were slow in shipping my hull and it was not as good as it could have been, I did get it and it is certainly usable.

If you want to give me a lecture on here I would recommend starting a new thread
Old 05-24-2006, 09:58 PM
littlebuick8

zcopter turn off your caps. some people may take it like you are YELLING[sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 05-24-2006, 10:39 PM
ZCOPTER

No lecture needed just look at my blog and you'll know who I'm. I talked to you today on the phone and you know how I feel about this crap! Zone One Hobbies has treated me right and honestly and I have one of there boats and would buy another!

Sorry about the caps, but I write in caps so I type in caps! [8D]

KEEP THE WET SIDE DOWN!![sm=drowning.gif]
Old 05-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Sayonara

Gosh Ken.....I thought you were starting over with your boat search again when i saw this thread pop up. did not notice the date.
Soon ill have my Mantis complete but not for sale!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:30 PM
mikechizhik

I have a Ballantine catamaran with the 62 cc motor. I ran the motor once for about fifteen minutes on our freshwater lake. Then we moved. No water to run it. It is mint. I am having the wife take digital pics as we speak. JR Radio included. I'll even ship it to you for free, as I run a shipping dept. Mike [email protected]
Old 02-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Piranha2

c'mon....where are the pics.......[sm=confused.gif]