G62 prop question

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 08:43 PM
Todd V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G62 prop question

Good day all;
Here's a simple question for ya.
Is my G62 strong enough for a 22x10 3-bladed prop?
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks;
Todd
Old 04-21-2003, 09:35 PM
MEMPHISBELLE
My Feedback: (24)

Default G-62

Ihave a g-62 in my 100 inch stuka, 35 pounds and a 24x10 mejlik
very scale in performance and sounds great with my scale exhaust. Have not tached it but would guess it to be turning 5500 to 5800. Plenty of power for a 35 pound plane .
Wes
Old 04-22-2003, 04:48 PM
STUKA BARRY

Default G62 prop question

HEY MEMPHISBELLE, WHAT IN THE WORLD CAUSED YOUR STUKA TO BE SO HEAVY? MINES BEEN THRU THE RINGER. PAINT TOUCHUPS, REPAIRS, EPOXY EVERYWHERE, FIBERGLASSED, I4C PRODUCTS SIREN, G-62 WITH A THREE BLADED PROP, AND IT STILL WEIGHS 28 1/4 LBS. I'VE NEVER HEARD OF A "Z" STUKA WEIGHING THAT MUCH. TODD V, I'M SWINGIG A MEZJLIK 22X10, A FUCHS 22X11, AND A3W 21X10. HAVE'NT TRIED THE 3W YET, SO I CANT FAIRLY COMPARE IT, BUT THE OTHER TWO I LIKE ALOT, OR SHOULD I SAY THE STUKA LIKES ALOT. I DONT LIKE THE PRICE, BUT YOU GOTTA PAY TO PLAY.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:14 PM
MEMPHISBELLE
My Feedback: (24)

Default STUKA

Not sure why it weights 35 pounds but I wouldn't change it for anything. I do have a working scale exhaust system that is made of thin wall tubbing. I also have work stuts fron lite flight , I had to modify them for a larger wheel . The came with a 1 inch wide wheel and looked like crap in the wheel pants. I cut the fork off and made a new fork to handle du-bro 6 inch ballon wheels and looks real good. I also split the wheel pants and attached the lower part to the strut and made a new upper peice on the wing. The wheel pants now work with the suspension. Mine is white with green and brown camo, lenigrad 43. Wes