Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

shovel nose hydro

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

shovel nose hydro

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 10:38 PM
stuch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: shovel nose hydro

ORIGINAL: Bucky1961

Here is one running Down under
what co. makes you're hull and what kind of speed do you get out of her? thanks.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Bucky1961

Hi All

The Boat is A Zippkit Rivett Hydro It is Not Mine But one of the Kits that I sell
The photos are from a Meet last weekend
second time in the water. Verry stable in all types of water. mid 50's MPH/high 80's kph by lap times
Old 02-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Squidhead Racing

Shame that the good looking rooster taking all the pics was in some of the same heats as this boat...............................otherwise more would've been taken I reckon. (Upon checking there is inexcess of 1500 pics of the meet.

I did see her run first hand, not a bad boat at all I reckon, I like it alot

Yes, shovels do handle a little chop. Prior to me getting the Stryker II, I was running a shovel. Not too bad at all, great fun, they do tend to trap a little more air which is totally understandable and makes for an exciting ride. FastRat Larry Broman gave me some awesome set up pointers for mine and it held her on the water at speed really well. I personally found they take a little more to set up where it is fast but not flighty when compared to a conventional Pickle, but that's where all the fun is.

Here's a pic of mine from a few years ago all painted up, then a pic of another one of mine at last years Battle of the Borders in race water.
Johno

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30740.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	886111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47250.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	886112  
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2008, 08:54 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

The lake we tested in started out glass calm then degraded to wind whipped waves in the afternoon 6" 8" or larger which is when the fun started.
my Big Hoover roundnose handled them just fine... you couldnt hold the throttle down all the way around like calm water but it never stuffed into a wave.... just be a bit careful cuz they will launch off a wave