Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Best/fastest Engines for Hyper 7 PBS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 02:30 AM
ridethelightnin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best/fastest Engines for Hyper 7 PBS

If money was no object what are the best engines for a Buggie.
I have a Hyper 7 PBS that I am modding the heck out of and I want to know what would be the best engine for serious racing.

Sirio .27?

JP Modifieds?

Thanks for any help!!
Old 04-23-2003, 12:13 AM
kyokai2

RB CONCEPTS is the most powerfull and reliable race engines out IMO. Sirio engines are good too, but hard to find parts. JPs are overworked and overpriced and somewhat unreliable IMO. I run a RB C5 and with the right gearing and clutch setup is untouchable, its a long stroke engine so the top end is incredible when it comes up on the pipe and strong bottom end can be found (12 tooth bell). Ive run engines from a lot of manuf. and RB is by far the strongest and most reliable, I doubt youll hear anyone say one bad thing about an RB engine.
Old 04-26-2003, 06:15 PM
speedracer0_7

i like rb also, they have a new ws7-2 coming out with biturbo crank like the c4 c5 except 13mm. crank journal and c5 head. fast motors seem to do little unless u can drive once u light up the tires u lose foward momentum
Old 04-28-2003, 04:16 PM
ridethelightnin

speed

Where did you find the info on the new Ws7-2? I searched the RB site and they didn't say a thing? What are the improvements and what is the diff between that and a C5?

Also, I am looking at a Rody modified C5 but can't find many hobby shops online that sell them. Most want about $500.00, let me know if you have a better source for one of these.

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2003, 05:44 PM
speedracer0_7

u have to go 2 their forum section look 4 ws7II, as far as i kknow the difference between a s7 and c5 is the c5 has 5 ports and 2 transfer ports while the s7 has 7 ports. also the c5 has 14mm rear crank journal. i can hook u up on mod motors from pat fox
Old 04-29-2003, 02:40 AM
ridethelightnin

Educate me on Pat fox? Is this another engine modder like Rody or a distributer? Whatever, I am interested. Definitley have my eye on a C5 Rody Modified and the cheapest I have found so far is $492.00.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:07 AM
kyokai2

Unless your racing and have a lot of experience you wont need a Rody Modified, a WS7 or C5B would do quite well. I believe the JP Black would be the fastest race engine for me if money wasnt important but personally I wouldnt run one because of the cost.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:25 AM
speedracer0_7

go 2 ebay gas motors and on the right side there is a ebay store called pdl racing. the c5 rody is 459
Old 04-30-2003, 02:57 AM
ridethelightnin

Default PDL kicks butt!!

speed

Man, I owe you a couple of beers for turning me on to PDL. I talked to Mike and what a good guy. He was very informative and helped me alot. I ended up buying the Rody C5, pipe, and Waller power adapter.

I am ready to rip!!

Thanks again, and anyone out there that is looking at getting a RB concepts C5 I would highly recommend checking out PDL!!

Great prices and great service!!
Old 04-30-2003, 04:11 AM
speedracer0_7

there's a couple of big races coming up, proline may 15 and kz may30th let me know if youre going and will hook up at the track
Old 05-01-2003, 03:07 AM
ridethelightnin

Will do!!