Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

HAN2850 Hangar 9 P-40 discontinued?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

HAN2850 Hangar 9 P-40 discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Tony Pacini

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HAN2850 Hangar 9 P-40 discontinued?

Please say it isn't so! I've been told from a reliable source that the Hangar 9 P-40 Warhawk 60 has been discontinued. It is such a great flying AND great looking plane.

Can anyone on the inside shed some light on why this great ARF is going away?

I've seen Hangar 9 pull some other ARFs in the past (1/4 scale Cub and T-34 Mentor) only to bring them back at a later date as "new and improved". I certainly hope they bring the P-40 back, too.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:26 AM
FlyingPilgrim
My Feedback: (26)

Default RE: HAN2850 Hangar 9 P-40 discontinued?

Still shows as available at Horizon, just not in stock, backorder available. I hate "reliable source" information, too often it turns out to be unreliable. [>:]
Old 02-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Tony Pacini

The reliable source is our account manager at Horizon............
Old 02-27-2008, 02:31 PM
KLF1292

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I called Horizon about a month ago, I was told by the rep that they wouldn't be getting anymore. So I jumped online, tracked down a hobby shop that had one in stock, bought it, and had it shipped to me.

When I received it, the cowl had a crack in it. I again called Horizon and they still had the replacement cowl available. Horizon sent it to me at no charge. I also bought a Saito 1.25 for power. It should swing a scale-looking, 3-blade well.

It may be an effort on Horizon's part to empty the distribution channels before introducing an improved or larger version... and I bought it hook, line and sinker. Whatever happens, I'll have something to compare.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:27 PM
FlyingPilgrim

Tony, that gives it a lot more credibility. Sorry to hear that, as it seems like a fine plane. I guess all good things must come to an end! Now watch the prices go up on the auction site! Perhaps they will reintroduce it in a different color scheme, maybe flat finish tan/OD green, or all OD green? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:12 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

I know that Horizon is constantly coming out with new models, several new each year and at the same some existing planes are discontinued as well. If there is a plane that you like sometimes its a good thing to buy it and put it away until needed. I did this recently with a Lanier Extra that was discontinued shortly after I purchased it.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:33 PM
FlyingPilgrim

Yep, I agree. If you see a plane you like, better buy it when it's available. There's been a couple that I thought, "Oh, next time I buy a plane, I'll get that one" only to find it is no longer available when the time comes. Ah well, who knows, they might come out with one we all like better next month!