Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

CVD vs. CVA

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:22 PM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVD vs. CVA

what is the difference, a difference in names... i am not shure, since I keep seeing cars with CVa's but then you can get CVDs (which I know what they are, uber hard steel shafts), CVA I dunno[>:]
Old 03-18-2008, 11:27 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CVD vs. CVA

the term CVD doesnt really say anything about what the shafts are made out of. It means constant velocity drive - in contrast to dogbones which are not strictly constant velocity. CV systems are also known as ball drives due to their construction. But yeah, has nothing to do with how hard the shaft is.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:29 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: sheograth

the term CVD doesnt really say anything about what the shafts are made out of. It means constant velocity drive - in contrast to dogbones which are not strictly constant velocity. CV systems are also known as ball drives due to their construction. But yeah, has nothing to do with how hard the shaft is.
so what you are saying is, theyre bout the same????
Old 03-18-2008, 11:31 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt address your question actually, I was just clarifying that the term CVD refers to the joint and not the axle per se.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: sheograth

I didnt address your question actually, I was just clarifying that the term CVD refers to the joint and not the axle per se.
ok I got it now[8D] tks a lot sheo