Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Which Pitts would you like to see in a 100CC ARF version?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!
View Poll Results: A poll
Python (Python Scheme)
54.55%
Python (Oracle Theme)
18.18%
Model 12 (Scallop Theme)
5.19%
Python (Other Scheme)
10.39%
Model 12 (Other Scheme)
6.49%
Model 12 (Python Scheme)
5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Which Pitts would you like to see in a 100CC ARF version?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 07:26 AM
KJKimball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Pitts would you like to see in a 100CC ARF version?

Iflyem35,

The viper is exactly the same length as bulldog I and bulldog II. This may be a good example of how a paint sheme can change the look of an airplane. Yes, bulldog II has a new sheme that is very much bulldog in theme and colors but new and extreme.

Alan,

My 100cc preference is for a python as well. I just offered up the new bulldog II and viper as other possibilities to go along with the various pitts suggested here. Both are going to be new to the airshow world this year. The 100cc python from QQ aircraft fit the bill for a python in this size range. It will be available in 2 schemes.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Are there any shots of the new B2 scheme? just wondering...
Old 01-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

ORIGINAL: KJKimball

Iflyem35,

The viper is exactly the same length as bulldog I and bulldog II. This may be a good example of how a paint sheme can change the look of an airplane. Yes, bulldog II has a new sheme that is very much bulldog in theme and colors but new and extreme.

Alan,

My 100cc preference is for a python as well. I just offered up the new bulldog II and viper as other possibilities to go along with the various pitts suggested here. Both are going to be new to the airshow world this year. The 100cc python from QQ aircraft fit the bill for a python in this size range. It will be available in 2 schemes.
I have no doubt Jim LeRoy's Bulldog I or II would be awesome. I have seen Jim fly and it still makes me wonder where he puts the anti-gravity machine in that aircraft.

You guys have built an incredible aircraft in the Python by the way. I am very impressed with everything that comes out of your shop. History in the making and it is fun to watch. Now all I have to do is find someone who will give me a ride in any one of the Pitts 12 varients and life will be complete.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:47 PM
KJKimball

Maudib,
Here is a shot of bulldog II. The scheme is different, way different even the wings and the list of structural changes is pretty darn long. The yellow paint on it is $2500 per gallon of which we used 2 and a half. This photo doesn't show what it can do but trust me, the color shfts are really cool. We'll have some specs up for it on Jim's site and ours before long.

Birddog,
Thank you for the kind words about the work we do here. We have fun. There is a model 12 in Taylorsville, UT. If you visit www.2wings.com and look at the airplanes tab on the left menu, you can see it listed as #23. Look him up if you get a chance.

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27102.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	601891  
Old 01-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

Thanks Kevin. I see he has it listed for sale. If I just save my lunch money... [sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 01-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Very nice... I like it! Still smacks of Bulldog I, but with flare and "NextGen" feel....
Old 01-23-2007, 08:10 AM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

Kevin,

Very nice scheme. Much more modern but still recognizable as the Bulldog. Will it be on the curcuit this year or next?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:57 PM
KJKimball

Bulldog II will be Jim's North America mount beginning in just a few weeks. 2007 will be the first season for it. Bulldog I, as we now call it, will be used mainly for overseas shows and as a back up airplane when not overseas. Bulldog I is currently in The United Arab Emirates where Jim is flying an airshow this week. After that show BDI wil travel to Australia for a show in March and then is sceduled to come back to the US. Bulldog II is here in our shop now getting all the final systems installed prior to test flights. Jim will be back from UAE in a couple of weeks and will fly the airplane at that time.

BDII differs from BDI in many ways othe than the paint scheme. The tail shape and design is new, wings and ailerons are new design, fuselage belly line changed, turtle decl modified, slicked up carbon cowl, sloped windshield, carbon wheel pants, dihedral changed, carbon seat, many internal structural mods, and so on. Even the instrumentation is different. It is also about 60lb lighter than BDI which is about a 5% reduction in weight even with about 12 feet of extra steel tubing being added to the fuselage structure.

Kevin
Old 02-02-2007, 12:37 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

I cant wait to see it in person. Looks great!
Old 02-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Flybipe
My Feedback: (4)

Kevin,

Curious where you are getting the S-2S airframes for the BDII and the Viper - are you getting Aviat to build you a new fuselage, or are you having to scour the market for a used S2S to canabalize the fuse?

Neat plane!

JP
Old 03-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking for a US distributor for tha CH Models Pitts S-12 for 50cc engines. Here is a few picture with different color schemes. Can not find anyone that sells in the USA. Would appreciate any/all help or info. A bit small for you 41% guys but my truck needs to be bigger! CH Model does offer this model in either 70" wingspan or for you that like them "HUGE" they offer the same model in a 94.5" model!

http://www.chmodel.com/productsort.a...É»úÄ£ÃÃ

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43297.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	912573   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91841.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	912574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19318.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	912575  
Old 03-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the Challenger has the modified top wing like the Oracle Pitts I could get interested.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:23 AM
TheRickster
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call me old school...

I would love to see a 100cc class S1 in the Classic Red Devil scheme...

Rick