Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

I need HELP! What planes are these???

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

I need HELP! What planes are these???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Jim5150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need HELP! What planes are these???

I just bought these on quick decision because the guy just posted them for $45 on Craigslist and I was the first to call so I had a shot at the buy. When I was looking at them at his house 7 people called to buy them so I figured I should get them. After all it was only $45.
The yellow trainer is a .20 I think it has a Super Tiger G20 / 23 engine and on the tail it has the word AIRFOX (never flew)
The white Cessna style has some age signs but it also has never flown, it is fiberglass shell with wood bracing and balsa wood foam core wing.
The red plane is a bottom wing .40 size it says HovbbyTown on the side and USA on bottom of wing. I know this one was flown and has some fixable damage and recovering will be a must but easy fix.

My problem is not getting them flight ready but what are the names and who makes them? If anyone has a guess or can point me in the right direction for the information I would be grateful.

Thanks for your time and help
Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45603.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	913513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx77008.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	913514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93395.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	913515   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au55827.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	913516   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fr90717.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	913517   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hx32363.jpg
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	913518  
Old 03-25-2008, 11:43 PM
sscherin
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I need HELP! What planes are these???

The low wing is a GP Super Sporter..

Not sure about the others
Old 03-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Jonathan Ott
My Feedback: (25)

[link=http://www.giantscaleplanes.com/Cessna_63.htm]Giant Scale Planes 63" Cessna[/link]

The Cessna is from Giant Scale Planes. See the link above.

Jon
Old 03-26-2008, 09:59 AM
R/CBOONE72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and the yeller one is some kind of trainor, I guess thats all that matter, find a website like tower hobbies, go to planes and see if there is a sub link that says trainers and see if you can find somthing that looks like it, it looks really short.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:52 AM
spiral_72

I can't believe you got all that for $45..... That sucks man.... Why can't I get deals like that?!?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Jim5150

Thanks guys. I am grateful for the help. I am having problems finding a GP Super Sport that is like the one I have. The ones I see are not a full wing, they have wings you can take apart and install in the sides of the fuse. They also have the landing gear in the wings. The one I got has a single wing that is a true bottom wing and the gear is attached to the fuse not the wing. I think the one I have is bigger too; wing is 63" and fuse is 48" but it could be an older version. I am still looking. I want the correct ones so I can repair what little needs to be repaired.

Spiral_72 I too cant believe the price I got them for. I was just in the right place at the right time. I always thing that things like this happen to other people and not me. Now I just need the talent to fly them. I am still trying to learn and would die if I wrecked these. LOL I wreck my foam cheepies.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:00 AM
R/CBOONE72

What needs to be fixed on em?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:02 AM
R/CBOONE72

and I had a supersporster once, the landing gear in the wing was weak so I did whats seen in the pic, put the landing gear on the fise, maybe thats a mod to yours, I don't know.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:51 AM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: Jim5150

I am having problems finding a GP Super Sport that is like the one I have. The ones I see are not a full wing, they have wings you can take apart and install in the sides of the fuse. They also have the landing gear in the wings. The one I got has a single wing that is a true bottom wing and the gear is attached to the fuse not the wing. I think the one I have is bigger too; wing is 63" and fuse is 48" but it could be an older version.

Great Planes Super Sportster 40 & 60 have a one piece wing that bolts to the bottom on the fuselage. Here's a link:
http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma0205.html

Super Sportster 40 MKII
Wingspan: 55 in (1400 mm)
Length: 46 in (1170 mm)
Weight: 5-6 lbs (2270-2720 g)

Super Sportster 60
Wingspan: 61 in (1550 mm)
Length: 48 in (1220 mm)
Weight: 6-7 lbs (2720-3180 g)

The plane you bought may be a SS 60 with the grear moved. Or, it may be an ARF that Hobbytown marketed that just happens to resemble the SS. The Hobbytown web site currently only lists Hangar 9 ARFs so it is no help at all.

A Google search for "AIRFOX" turns up a few electric helis sold by Raidentech, and no planes, so I'm thinking the plane you bought has a random sticker on it.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Jim5150

Thanks guys, I think your are correct about the landing gear. I looked and it has been reinforces to put the landing gear on the fuse. I guess someone was thinking when they had it.

R/CBOONE72, As for what needs to be fixed; for the Cessna and small yellow Trainer I had to use heat gun to get rid of the covering bubbles and wrinkles and also make some windows for the Cessna as well. The Super Sport needs a little wing repair and recovering. I have finished the covering bubbling on the Cessna and Trainer but am working on the rest. I am good at building and repairing but still very week when it comes to the flying. I am going to get involved with the group out here, I have 2 fields to choose from and some guys who would mentor me in the school of flight. God knows I need it. LOL I really don't want to smash any of my planes and only fly electric foam ones now. I have also been told to get a SIM and it will help me with I hand coordination.

Here is pic of the wing I have to fix:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50415.jpg
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	915163   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96023.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	915164