Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I got My R1/330 Radio system in today!! But...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I got My R1/330 Radio system in today!! But...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 06:57 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got My R1/330 Radio system in today!! But...

ITs 27.025 Mhz..

Is this AM or FM? A friend of mine told me that Fms are all 75Mhz.

I'm kinda confused cuz I wanted FM, and I feel pretty stupid to have paid $300 for a friggin dressed up AM radio!

I dont think I'll have much trouble exchangin.. only thing is the seller is an american who is in Hong Kong!

Please let me know if exchanging is a good idea or if you have any more information please let me know!

ram
Old 04-29-2003, 07:55 PM
dg2b

Ram - that is FM. R1 does not come in AM modulation. FM do come in 27, 75, and others.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:04 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Ok cool.. Thats what I thought.. why would anyone dress up an AM? Sounded pretty stupid! lol

Thanks..

Oh.. I found like 5 places where it says FM.. I was too disturbed to see it lol

Thanks guys.. your the best!
ram
Old 04-29-2003, 09:13 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

the XR2 is actually a really nice AM radio thats not to pricey, and has all the functions the XR3 has... some peeople want the features but cant afford the upgrade in band :-/ thats why they dress up AM's a bit sometimes.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:48 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

The XR series is totally performance oriented if you ask me.

I had the XR3i. AWESOME RADIO!!!

The reason I had to get rid of it was the reciever. IT couldnt handle both my servos at one! I got the R330 and its FIXED!!

Also.. the BEC in the XR3i's radio wasnt supplying a full 6.0V.

The same srevos in this reciever have a lot more power and speed!

I'm ony happy camper!

ram
Old 04-30-2003, 10:18 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

the only reason you might want the 75 FM as opposed to the 27FM is 75FM has a choice of 30 channels. 27FM has 6 I believe although it could be 10 I cant remember. Although I do know 27AM only has 6 channels. The more channels the less chance of interference with other peoples radios. The less channels available means a better chance for frequency conflicts. With 30 separate channels the chance of a conflict is relatively low. I wouldn't worry about it ram.

The dot matrix screen on the R1 is super high tech dude, a set of alkaline batteries last over 7 hours!!!! Why would you go and put a back-light in it and ruin the run time to 1 and a half hours not to mention.....I cant think of a single time I run my RC at night, but more than that, while I am running it, I shur am not looking at the display! Why back-light ram? it just doesn't seem like a option I have ever though "I shur wish my TX was back-lit" Airtronics did make a back-lit M8, and the regular M8 lasted about for about 2 1/2 hours of run time, and with the back lit one, you were lucky to get a hour and a half before the TX needed charging! LAME! It just seems like wasted energy and expense to me at least. My TX is the very last thing I would want to be a energy hog. Also I shure wouldnt want to spent a extra 50$ on top of the JR-R1's $439.00 price. You may have paid less ram, but the JR-R1 is 439, and its the most expensive TX for ground based R/C made, by well over 100$$!!!!!