Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Best way to remove old collet from stock RS4 flywheel?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Best way to remove old collet from stock RS4 flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 12:59 AM
BeerPimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to remove old collet from stock RS4 flywheel?

What is the best way to remove the old collet from the stock 15FE flywheel out of my RS4?
Old 04-30-2003, 03:29 AM
BeerPimp

I was looking at the fly wheel some more out of my Nitro RS4 RTR. I actually don't think there is a collet in there. I am not sure on this. The flywheel rotates freely on the crankshaft. I think it is toast. I am gonna go pick up one of the light weight aluminum one from the hobby store tomorrow. It is the HPI A801.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:47 AM
AznAbyss952

You have to make sure that the piston can't move, then you'll be able to remove your old flywheel to get the collet. I had this same problem on my Super Nitro Rally.