Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Four TT Pro.46's Some ideas please.

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Four TT Pro.46's Some ideas please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Darkbird
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four TT Pro.46's Some ideas please.

Bought my first twin at a swap last year and loved it. I have 5 or 6 of the tt engines laying around and would like to do a 4-engine with some of them. Thought about scratch buildind something like a c-130 only an original design but I just don't have any time. Looking for a cheap ARF that either comes as a multi or could be bashed into one. Doesn't have to be a great plane or even a pretty one, just something to hang four engines on and do some more learning before putting together the expensive warbird. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:44 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Four TT Pro.46's Some ideas please.

How about a big trainer? I have 4 .25's on a Tower .40 trainer, flew it again this last weekend. Be warned it's a handfull.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95109.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	844922  
Old 01-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Darkbird
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something like that would work but would have to be alot larger I think. If I had some time to build it wouldn't be a big issue, but I'm hoping someone can point me to some sort of sport plane or something that I could just hang some nacelles off of, make a nose cone of some sort, rebalance and fly. I could even buy something used, I'm just trying to keep ths project cost low. Already have engines and radio equipment, just need an airframe.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:56 AM
qwerty3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess would be that that trainer would fly nicely on just 2 of those .25s All 4 at full throttle should make that plane into a rocket [X(]

As far as 4 .46s, maybe you could try to pick up a beat-up "quarter scale" plane, and retrofit that. My 'gut feel' is that a 1/4 scale extra would fly well with 4 .46s. It'd be kinda wierd to see, but if you got the plane cheap, and that's what you want to do - go for it! Give us a picture and a report.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:18 PM
NoOneFlysAtMyClub
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about Tower's giant Stick?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:37 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Darkbird

Something like that would work but would have to be alot larger I think. If I had some time to build it wouldn't be a big issue, but I'm hoping someone can point me to some sort of sport plane or something that I could just hang some nacelles off of, make a nose cone of some sort, rebalance and fly. I could even buy something used, I'm just trying to keep ths project cost low. Already have engines and radio equipment, just need an airframe.

The 95" Senior Telemaster could work with four .46's using Underwing bathtub nacelles. My Sixpack with six .25FX's at seventeen pounds is flying nicely now. And I beleve the four .46 would fly similar.

Even though you can get the Telemaster as an ARF keep in mine anything you do or start with is going to be a big project and you are not going to find a simple drop in airplane for four .46's.

You will find a lot more out there for twentyfives.

John

Name:	Bz79447.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	921113  
Old 04-05-2008, 02:57 AM
Boomerang1

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I hung a pair of 40's & a pair of 20's on a Sterling Gazariator for exactly the same reason, to sort them out before building a scale model. - John.

Name:	Bz78652.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	922047