Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

new engine but will not start

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 09:06 AM
kaotiklude25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new engine but will not start

i jsut bought a new HPI super RS4 with the FE.15 engine. I got new glow plug for it and added new fuel too. I tried to start it but it wouldn't start. It has never been start before. I'm thinkin that i might have over primed it, but i cleaned it and tried it again but no luck. I tested the glow plugs and they glow fine. I have no idea wut the problem is, can u guys help me? i really wanna start the car and have it running. gotta take it to the track soon.
-thankz
Old 04-30-2003, 10:45 AM
AznAbyss952

Did you notice anything out of the ordinary when trying to start it? You could post on the HPI forum on their site and ask about your problem.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:33 PM
solo racer

What kind of glow starter are you using? Is the engine even firing over? Is it definitely getting fuel?
Old 04-30-2003, 03:58 PM
kaotiklude25

when i start the engine, it feels like it wants to start but it doesn't. i got the glow plug at a hobby shop, it came with the package taht i bought. the glow plug seem to work fine. i primed it a couple of times. cuz im afraid of flooding it so i dunt do it as much. i dunno wut's firing over..
Old 04-30-2003, 04:31 PM
solo racer

What kind of glow starter are you using? The alkaline powered glow starteres seem to cause problems with not enough juice for the glow plug (due to too much internal battery resistance)

And firing over describes the motor running or wanting to start.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:33 PM
kaotiklude25

im using a nikle cadmium glow starter and i recharged like over 24 hrs..so im pretty sure it's full power..i think the brand is SIGEMA..SC1300mAh..when i crank it it feels like it wants to start but it doesn't start..
Old 04-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Forevafire1

i would use a hair dryer or a heat gun to blow on the engine it works try it and tell me if it works
Old 05-01-2003, 02:37 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Originally posted by kaotiklude25
when i start the engine, it feels like it wants to start but it doesn't. i got the glow plug at a hobby shop, it came with the package taht i bought. the glow plug seem to work fine. i primed it a couple of times. cuz im afraid of flooding it so i dunt do it as much. i dunno wut's firing over..
when you say the glow plug works fine, does that mean that you took it out of the engine and used your glow igniter to check and see if the coils lit up?
Old 05-01-2003, 03:31 AM
kaotiklude25

yeah the coil lit up orange...mah friend thinks it's the carb..it's not sending enough fuel into the egine. how do i fix that?
Old 05-01-2003, 03:32 AM
kaotiklude25

yeah the dryer works but it dies really quick afterward
Old 05-01-2003, 08:04 AM
kaotiklude25

i got the car to work it seems to over heat really quick even running it w/o the body and at night...i dunno how to fix that. also sometime it doesn't provide enough gas so the car dies...can u help me fix this problem.thankz
Old 05-01-2003, 12:35 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

you need to richen out the hsn, meaning turn it counter-clockwise until you get the engine cooled down and running good. try letting it idle for a minute, if it gets hot and doesnt show any signs of loading up then you probably need to richen the lsn aswell.