Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

will my plane fit in any of the following?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

will my plane fit in any of the following?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 02:08 AM
JoeNolasco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: will my plane fit in any of the following?

Dude, I actually drove my truck ('05 Canyon) to my house on the test drive to see if my planes fit in the back ok! Most dealers won't have a problem with this if they are for real.

btw, no planes over 50cc fit in an '05 canyon crew cab. I decided that I would get a trailer for the big ones! lol

Trailers are awesome. it's way nice to just leave the plane in there during the week if you fly a lot.

Before my truck I had a 2004 toyota matrix. you would not believe how much stuff you can fit in there! A very well engineered and thought out car. I am very sorry that I traded her in for this pyle canyon! lol
Old 04-10-2008, 04:38 AM
pupmeister

This is my 87" 28% WH Sukhoi in the back of my 2005 Ford Focus. There is not much space left for passengers but it does fit without removing the horizontal stabs.

Cheers
Pupmeister
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47998.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	926536  
Old 04-10-2008, 04:29 PM
JoeNolasco

lol nice! Yeah, that's pretty much how my Toyota used to look with my H9 33% Edge in there!

That's Toyota even had an 110v AC outlet in the dash that I would use to charge my tx/rx batteries on my way to the field!!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:11 PM
UH60 Crewdog

I know your plane is much larger but just to show whats possible I fit my Giles 202 with a 72'' span and fusalage length of 63'' into a 2007 Honda Civic. I have to fold the front seat down and both rear seats to run the wing from inside my trunk all the way to the gear shifter and the fusalage from prop being just inside the trunk and the tail wheel resting on the dash.[X(]
I know I'm commited..... I'm gonna get a old van or something from some constructon crew or something just to support my mobility