Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

AMA rag

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:34 PM
cactus hopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA rag

I got my first one yesterday, took about 30 seconds to read the heli section. Nothing peaks my interest like an interview with a 12 year old. Pfffft.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:49 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AMA rag

Try not to be so evasive about your feelings. Let us know how you really feel.
The MA magazine (Model Aviation) is sent to all paid members and covers a variety of subjects. If you are only into helis, maybe you could just donate the magazines to your local public library. I enjoy mine as it covers more than just one subject. Like it or not, you get one every month and occasionally they do cover helis a little more in depth. If you desire more heli subject, write a letter to the editor and let them know how ya feel. This is the link to thier web based mag: http://www.modelaircraft.org/mag/index.htm
My feelings is there is a lot of good info regarding electronics and tips and tricks. The larger RC market is in planks...helis is coming up fast but go to any club field.....still only maybe 20% helis.....the rest are plankers.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:56 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 379 Likes on 306 Posts

Have you ever seen that 12 year old fly? He puts most adults to shame
Old 04-05-2008, 01:25 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

Have you ever seen that 12 year old fly? He puts most adults to shame
That is a fact Andy............ That kid hovering over his swimming pool and dipping the head button in the water.............amazing. The real awesomness is the fact that he was doing it with a Eflite Blade CP Pro. Fly one and tell me thats not a superior accomplishment. Easily the squirreliest helicopter I have ever had the pleasure to fly. The little Airhogs Havoc 2 channel toys are easier to fly and control.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 04-05-2008, 04:16 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 379 Likes on 306 Posts

As correctly pointed out, thats not a helicopter magazine, its a newsletter for the AMA with a variety of subjects, ask anyone whether its helis, giant scale, electric, whomever, they don't get enough coverage. Try reading it cover to cover you will be surprised what you might learn.

If you want helis try http://www.mht.net
Old 04-08-2008, 01:52 PM
redvtr1000

Right on, I look forward to MA every month. They have great technical info, calendars, and a wide subject matter. I follow anything rc that flies so I don't feel like its a five minute read. The issue with all the IRCHA coverage in it had all the heli stuff you could want.

I love the interviews of the pioneers in these hobbies, those guys have seen rc come from humble beginnings to what it is now and it is always interesting to read what they have to say. I'll admit that I don't get super excited about control line or free flight, even though I did have an old CL super chipmunk that I had loads of fun on, but there is still plenty to learn in that magazine.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:37 AM
jamesc43
My Feedback: (2)

This is true. The magazine covers all area that the AMA covers. I started out on heli's but there is a lot of information in that
magazine that might apply to heli portion if read correctly interpreted. There was more information about helicopters in the
January issue but that is just how it happens. Some times it is airplanes, other times it might be electric power, and then on
others it could be scale. They have a wide market to cover and do what they consider their best to cover it all in a timely matter.

Like they say, if you read it and then are done with it, donate it to your local library.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:46 AM
rjbarthel
My Feedback: (2)

Ive get so manny mags I perfer over the AMAs mag . I wish on the renewal card they would offer a cheeper membership amount by choosing to not recieve their mag . I love everything R/C so its not like I dont look it over . I would just like the option to save them and me some money with having an option for the mag .