Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nitro engine setup and break in.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Yomon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro engine setup and break in.

I am new to RC 1/8th scale buggy's, I'm looking for the best advice i can get on breaking in and setting up a high performance Nitro Engine for the first time?
Old 05-02-2003, 07:19 AM
Evilpob

Well not long had my gs storm... ok the shop that i bought it form ran it in for me but he reckonmended 10 full tanks before the car was poperly ran in... and slowly work it up to full throttle on ya 8th tanks.. ajustment the idle srew so that it idling nicely and trying to race off or cut out when starting..

one thing to watch is the once you properly ran it in make sure that the buggy is idling nice as can make it cut out when starting.. (happened to me not funny...)

and get a spare glow plug as they tend to go after you have finish running it in..

oh and make sure you have tightened all the srews and bolts.. as when it was being run in, two wheels from one side fell off... DOH!!

have fun...
Old 05-02-2003, 12:38 PM
hoodiegadoo

Follow the manual exactly how it says to break it in. All engines vary on the correct break in procedure...