Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

First twin

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 01:07 AM
TimeFLYING
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First twin

i looking at getting my first twin But it has to be to my liking i want something that looks like a real plane and in not liking the ov-10 i keep looking at it on the web and it just not doing it for me. i was hoping u guys could put up some links and tell me your exp or what u have heard

Thanx
Troy McClanahan
Old 05-03-2003, 07:15 AM
William Robison

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default First twin

Troy:

You didn't say how big or small, how much experience you have flying and building, how much you expect to spend, so forth.

The Twin-Air series from Northeast Aerodynamics is available in a 20-25 size, and a 40-46 size. Both are good, but for a first I'd recommend you get the T-A 45. $154.95 including shipping. Web site:

http://www.ne-aero.com/

A prettier airplane, but a lot harder to build, is Dave Platt's Pica Duellist 2/40. It is also slightly harder to fly, but both these planes fly very well with an engine out. Best price for the Duellist is from Quantum, $124.95 again including shipping.

http://www2.mailordercentral.com/quantummodels/

Click on "Aircraft," then "Non-scale kits," scroll down and click on page seven.

Or if you're not afraid of building from plans you could get the plan for the Duellist 2/40 Mk II from MAN or RCM, don't remember which. It's slightly larger than the earlier version, and more aerobatic, but not as good a trainer simply becausr it is more aerobatic.

Now if you really feel ambitious you can get the Duellist 2/60 Mk II. Ordering information here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...197#post920363

Scroll down to post #355. We are making 50 kits, 48 are sold. It is the Duellist 2/40 Mk II enlarged 25%, 86" wingspan, for 60-90 two stroke, or 90-120 four stroke.

So I've given you some options, the ball is now in your court. If nothing I've mentioned is to your liking, or not in the range you had in mind please repost with more particulars.

Twinman might ring in here too, he likes to bash twins out of singles.

Bill..
Old 05-03-2003, 10:38 AM
don olsen
My Feedback: (2)

Default First twin

I built a p-38 style twin out of two goldberg tigers- flys well
Iam currently making a aztec style out of a tiger 60, but you can bash just about any good flying sport plane into a twin. try four stars -bingos- tigers sportsters etc. go to the airport look around find something you like make a kit look like that. They dont have to look like the box
Old 05-03-2003, 02:02 PM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

Default Twins

My two cents, is that it is easy and less expensive to bash single engine arf's into twin fuse planes to get twin experience.
Wish the manufacturer's would look at this forum and come out with more sport type arf twins. This would make more people get into twins faster and easier.
Good luck,
Old 05-03-2003, 10:16 PM
TimeFLYING

Default First twin

Im sorry i forgot to post all the good stuff about myself i have built a couple of kits and im begiining on my df jet soon im looking for a twin in the 40-60 size engines and cost my feeling is if u like it enough buy so plz dont be shy

Thanks
Troy