Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Help With Brushless?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Help With Brushless?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:21 PM
PedeBeater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Brushless?

I plan on buying a brushless setup for a Honey Bee King 2. I am still debating between inrunner or outrunner motors. I would really like to hear your opinions on kv and size. I know I will be ordering from www.unitedhobbies.com. Had great luck with them in the past, and great prices!

I will most likely be using this esc:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=2165

All comments and opinions are greatly appreciated, thank you
Old 04-06-2008, 12:00 PM
PedeBeater

Default RE: Help With Brushless?

Looks like I found the perfect combo for me.

Here they are:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=2164

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=5245
Old 04-11-2008, 06:12 PM
stanza

Don't ever buy an inrunner motor for a helicopter. They are fine if used in airplanes or ducted fan jets. But in my experience, they just don't get enough airflow in helicopter applications. The brushless inrunner motor that came with my falcon 3d burned up pretty quickly. I replaced it with the align 430L outrunner and dont have any cooling problems, and it appears to be more efficient. Kv rating is one of the most important factors. It tells you how many RPM the motor will deliver for each volt applied. That will help you choose the right motor.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:34 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: stanza

Don't ever buy an inrunner motor for a helicopter. They are fine if used in airplanes or ducted fan jets. But in my experience, they just don't get enough airflow in helicopter applications. The brushless inrunner motor that came with my falcon 3d burned up pretty quickly. I replaced it with the align 430L outrunner and dont have any cooling problems, and it appears to be more efficient. Kv rating is one of the most important factors. It tells you how many RPM the motor will deliver for each volt applied. That will help you choose the right motor.
Stanza, It all depends on what the size of the motor, the rotor size, kv rating and the quality of the motor.