Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Good Idea?? Axial AX-10..Will this Work? [sm=punching.gif]

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Good Idea?? Axial AX-10..Will this Work? [sm=punching.gif]

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 03:55 PM
newfcrawler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Idea?? Axial AX-10..Will this Work? [sm=punching.gif]

[sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif]
[sm=drowning.gif] Hey I want to get A Axial AX-10, I have a Stampede that I have wrecked.. But the Radio, Esc and motor are fine. I was wondering If it is a Good Idea to... Get The Ax-10 and Use The 12T 550 Motor and the Esc from the Traxxas Stampede ? I dont really want to pay for another motor and esc and all of that stuff....Would this be any good... or should I just get this new Ax-10 RTR Kit from Axial with everything included? And Maybe just paint the links green or get the alum ones later? It is $249 for the Ax-10Kit, and $299 for the Ax-10 RTR Kit.... I was thinking that if I got the kit and could use my stuff would be a lot better than having to pay $100's for the other stuff. Or just Pay the extra $50 for the RTR and that would be just as good or better? No idea on this one.....

Thanks for any suggestions..[:-]

[sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif]
Old 04-23-2008, 06:13 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Good Idea?? Axial AX-10..Will this Work? [sm=punching.gif]

ORIGINAL: newfcrawler

[sm=drowning.gif] Hey I want to get A Axial AX-10, I have a Stampede that I have wrecked.. But the Radio, Esc and motor are fine. I was wondering If it is a Good Idea to... Get The Ax-10 and Use The 12T 550 Motor and the Esc from the Traxxas Stampede ? I dont really want to pay for another motor and esc and all of that stuff....Would this be any good... or should I just get this new Ax-10 RTR Kit from Axial with everything included? And Maybe just paint the links green or get the alum ones later? It is $249 for the Ax-10Kit, and $299 for the Ax-10 RTR Kit.... I was thinking that if I got the kit and could use my stuff would be a lot better than having to pay $100's for the other stuff. Or just Pay the extra $50 for the RTR and that would be just as good or better? No idea on this one.....

Thanks for any suggestions..[:-]

I can't answer because I'm blind from all the jiggly red sh&*
Old 04-23-2008, 06:21 PM
K_B

Yeah... easy on the emoticons... the 12T motor isn't gonna work very good for crawling. You could probably get by with the ESC and radio gear though. A 55T lathe motor is only 20 bucks. You'll also need a better steering servo. Look at the Tower Pro servos. It think they're only like $20 at this place:

http://www.jpcustomrcs.com/home.html
Old 04-23-2008, 07:15 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the xl5 esc will work fine with any crawler motor, the only down side it that it is huge. so, finding a place to mount it could be tricky.
the radio gear will work fine. as said before, the titan motor wont work. you cant gear it down enough to get enough torque.
if your servo is a traxxas 2055, then you could use it. but upgrading to a high-torque steel geared servo is a REALLY good idea. i got 2 off ebay for $30, they work great. i have 4 wheel steer in my truck.