Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Ok a little help please with this ebay guy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Ok a little help please with this ebay guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:05 PM
chrisallen
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok a little help please with this ebay guy

Alright, so I saw in the classified section here an ad for savages, and made an offer. It got accepted and turns out this is the same courtneys hobbies guy. I got an email today from dhl saying they received information for a shipment. In the invoice he said the only way he is accepting payment is with cod? Is there any way I can get screwed here? Obviously the box would have to be opened and checked before its paid for, but other than that how can I get ripped?
Old 04-21-2008, 05:21 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ok a little help please with this ebay guy

COD is pretty safe - but I'd just not deal with the guy at all. Its clear that he's a pain, and there are tons of other ways to get products over the internet.

Chances are you think you're getting a deal you can't pass up - but remember that if its too good to be true it probably is.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:50 PM
dittch
Banned

I could be wrong, but I thought you had to pay for it before you can open it on a COD....look into it

also, don't trust this guy
Old 04-21-2008, 07:03 PM
chrisallen

I checked the tracking number and it was processed already, so it should be delivered tomorrow or wednesday(doesnt say yet). I also called dhl, and they told me it is really up to the driver's discretion to let you open it. She told me alot of times if the package looks damaged they will let you open it and inspect it before paying for it. If they dont let me open it, Im not paying for it. For all I know it could be a box of rocks in there. Its all a bit weird, because the seller didnt reply to my email, but yet this thing got shipped within 24 hours of him accepting my offer and it hasnt even been paid for yet(weird considering all the trouble with this guy taking so long to ship stuff out). He didnt even email to check the shipping address or anything.

What are the chances this is a real savage for $300?
Old 04-21-2008, 07:05 PM
sheograth

Just don't complain here when you have a hassle with this guy, if I were you I would have taken the pages and pages of posts here warning you about this guy to heart. I can't believe how many people will risk these sorts of things for a low priced item.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:06 PM
chrisallen

I didnt know it was the same guy when I made the offer..........I didnt even think about it, trust me if I would have known I would never had made any offer. I only realized it when I read the email this morning that was sent late last night that he accepted and the order was shipping. I tried emailing him this morning and got no reply. Like I said this thing was shipping without him ever contacting me directly. From the way it looks as of right now, I can pay by personal check to the dhl guy, which would give me the option of stopping payment on the check if they dont let me open it before paying.

Anyone know what a legit boxed up savage should weigh?? 21lbs sound right? Should be here Wednesday.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:09 PM
sheograth

Ah ok my mistake, I thought you did the business despite knowing who he was.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Anomie

Ok, I realize this seller is an enormous problem, but we only need one thread on the subject. More visibility would be great, but this is just not the venue for such.

Topic closed.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:45 PM
dittch
Banned

ORIGINAL: chrisallen

I didnt know it was the same guy when I made the offer..........I didnt even think about it, trust me if I would have known I would never had made any offer. I only realized it when I read the email this morning that was sent late last night that he accepted and the order was shipping. I tried emailing him this morning and got no reply. Like I said this thing was shipping without him ever contacting me directly. From the way it looks as of right now, I can pay by personal check to the dhl guy, which would give me the option of stopping payment on the check if they dont let me open it before paying.

Anyone know what a legit boxed up savage should weigh?? 21lbs sound right? Should be here Wednesday.
so this {deleted} is still selling things as of a couple days ago yet he is not communicating with those he still owes money to for orders over 30 days behind..unbelievable. Ray (courtneyshobbies) has some nerve

edited for objectionable content.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:49 AM
RCCanuck

since the guy is obviously a crook I would refuse the package and tell him why you refused it.......cause he has scammed a bunch of people in this hobby and if he wants to make everything good with all of the other people he has ripped off then maybe you will consider buying form him again......
Old 04-24-2008, 06:22 PM
ffamousamos

ORIGINAL: chrisallen

Just wondering if you ever got your car from him??
Old 04-24-2008, 06:44 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sheograth

COD is pretty safe - but I'd just not deal with the guy at all. Its clear that he's a pain, and there are tons of other ways to get products over the internet.

Chances are you think you're getting a deal you can't pass up - but remember that if its too good to be true it probably is.
he speaks the truth, i had to sell a POS truck i bought here for $130 and got $68.00 for it. the guy said that it had 7runs, with a failing pull starter, worn chassis parts, a bent shock, a gittering and failing servo and new wheels and tires, something told me it wasnt 7 runs (break in) but more like a few quarts.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Access

Never do COD, it basically means he doesn't trust you or he is trying to hide something... not good for business.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Hardin Valley Magic

check courtney hobbies thread.....
Old 04-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Jeff Oliver

This guys a complete scam. So many problems and complaints about him, might as well forget about it.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:16 PM
The_Shark

BAIL FROM HIM!

hombre es gordo y malo y stupido y densa su denaro! yes i failed spanish
Old 04-25-2008, 09:48 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

All of you will be happy to know he has now been banned from the site.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:52 PM
The_Shark

bye bye, some really scammy people out there today, always be on your toes and ask tons of questions, read the fine print!