Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Ax10 or Stealth or Spider Crawler

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Ax10 or Stealth or Spider Crawler

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 02:19 AM
westridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ax10 or Stealth or Spider Crawler

I need a little advise. I currently have in the box unopened a Ax10 Scorprion that I bought today, however I found some other kits that look pretty good since then now I cant make up my mind. I would like to hear from someone who has had allot of experiance with them and can tell me what would be the best in quality and performance. I am looking at two other kits the Stealth and the Spider the web site is gmade.net what do you think ?
Old 05-04-2008, 06:45 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Ax10 or Stealth or Spider Crawler

If your AX 10 is the kit, I would stay with it. Good out of the box and a wealth of after market suuport and build info. You really can't go wrong.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:30 AM
trtle

yea man you should some of these rigs they are making with the axial kit.

im making a scale truck with mine.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Medrivfast

Do you have a place in Simi that you run your trucks? I'm in T.O. and i go to Camarillo to run my trucks.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:35 PM
westridge

Thank you for your replies, I am in Vancouver Canada and we don"t have allot of people who crawl but we do have some amazing places to. So does the AX10 crawl as well as the Spider? I understand the Ax10 would be allot cheaper than the Spider but the Spider looks like it can do some extreme climbing, I guess because it is 1/8th scale. Does this matter ? For the Ax10 I have the conversion for R.W steering and will be using the Novak Crawler for power (should I decide to open the box) I just really want to have a upgradeable and good rig. If you had a choice to buy the Spider, Ax10 or Stealth for $250.00 bucks what would you buy ? Also if you live in Vancouver and looking for a crawling buddy let me know.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:03 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are talking about the G-Made Spider and Stealth, they are over $450. I would just stay with the AX10.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:19 PM
westridge

Hi, I can get one in my hands for less than $400.00 US. My question is, would it be worth it ? it does not have rear wheel steering but is that make a diff? Also I have a Schulze U-Force 75, could I use this with a Novak Crawler or Axi crawler, does the esc have to be a special one or will this work, it comes with a RS32 cable and can be programmed in dos
Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 AM
munro300

there are a ton of guys down around Vancouver crawlin, and most of em run AX 10s. Check out

http://crawlcanada.com/forum/
Old 05-05-2008, 09:46 AM
corcam

$400 isn't a bad deal for the spyder, but you could have an unbelievable crawler with the AX-10, putting some upgrades with it. I've found that many performance upgrades on the AX-10 don't cost much, some involve just a little time and elbow grease, moving links, relocating battery locations...stuff like that. That would be my suggestion. What ever way you decide, have fun and good luck.