Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

HELP! MTC Power Trim 2007 Drive Dimensions

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

HELP! MTC Power Trim 2007 Drive Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default HELP! MTC Power Trim 2007 Drive Dimensions

If anyone owns or has access to an MTC Power Trim 2007 drive for the larger boats like an HPR 92in Cat I would appreciate your help in providing me with some specific dimensions. I'm planning a large boat personal project and I need to sort out the details of this drive system for the hull. I'll mail you a free Venom Micro Temp for your help, I'll buy it and ship it to you!

Justaddwatta I know you need a temp monitor!

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Justaddwata

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: HELP! MTC Power Trim 2007 Drive Dimensions

Unfortunately I dont have a MTC powertrim drive. The arneson drives I have are from HPR (same maker as the big cat).

If this is a drive of interest I will gladly provide any information needed (free!!) - just let me know specifics you are after. I have the HPR Arnesons on both the Canoe and Miss Geico.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:48 AM
wayneuk01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive the mtc powertrimm's on the back of the cto3 what measurements you after ?Also if iam not mistaken mtc custom make these to your specific boat

http://www.modellbaucenterlorenz.de/...products_id=32

this may help http://www.mtc-powerboat.de/count/count.php?id=kazip

hey jaw if i come out to the us can i run the one you dont ?! Canoe or Miss Geico dont mind either they look mental .

Old 05-06-2008, 08:49 AM
firelite_marine

damn Justaddwata, you have some of the sickest toys on the water. where in the world are you getting all the $$$[X(] for these, you must be doing something right in life[8D]. do you have a full scale boat or are you just into RC's?
Old 05-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Chris Nicastro

Ok perfect here is what I need to know

Length from transom to the end of the tube/bearing face, not counting the drive dog =
Distance from the transom to the center point of the support pivot =
Height of the support strut, as seen on Miss Geico, through the center of the drive shaft = (if the thrust angle was zero that would be better)
Stand off foot print, LxW =
Foot print of the HPR drive as it mounts to the transom, the flange foot print you could say. I see its a radius from the center so maybe just the widest points and a basic center relationship.

The HPR rudder - what is the footprint of the rudder on the steering box, LxW =

The flush exhaust on Miss Geico - who makes those fittings?

I spoke with Hanspeter and he said he didnt make thos beautiful carbon Arnesons anymore due to breakage and failures causing too many problems so he switched back to aluminum. Shame I wish I could get my hands on those.

Thanks a million JAW!!

@ Wayne if you could fill in the info for the MTC PT 2007 I would really appreciate that, same as above.

Thanks guys,

Chris
Old 05-07-2008, 02:55 AM
wayneuk01

Hi mate after some additional browsing the net the drives on this cat are the mtc one's but not the 2007 i think the ones i have have the small gear box if you would still like the measurements then no problem ..

ORIGINAL: VENOMOUS

Ok perfect here is what I need to know

Length from transom to the end of the tube/bearing face, not counting the drive dog =
Distance from the transom to the center point of the support pivot =
Height of the support strut, as seen on Miss Geico, through the center of the drive shaft = (if the thrust angle was zero that would be better)
Stand off foot print, LxW =
Foot print of the HPR drive as it mounts to the transom, the flange foot print you could say. I see its a radius from the center so maybe just the widest points and a basic center relationship.

The HPR rudder - what is the footprint of the rudder on the steering box, LxW =

I spoke with Hanspeter and he said he didnt make thos beautiful carbon Arnesons anymore due to breakage and failures causing too many problems so he switched back to aluminum. Shame I wish I could get my hands on those.

Thanks a million JAW!!

@ Wayne if you could fill in the info for the MTC PT 2007 I would really appreciate that, same as above.

Thanks guys,

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt58997.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	944786  
Old 05-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Chris Nicastro

I see, those are the 2004 drives for the CT04/04 and similar. If you wouldnt mind I would be interested in the info anyway. Thanks Wayne!!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Justaddwata

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: firelite_marine
you must be doing something right in life[8D]. do you have a full scale boat or are you just into RC's?
Just a really messed up set of priorities!! Full scale boat is smaller than the Miss Geico. It is an inflatable but we have a blast with it on the lake and it rolls up to fit on the back seat.

Sorry for the delay in getting your measurements Venomous. Just been tied up.

Length from transom to the end of the tube/bearing face, not counting the drive dog = 200mm
Distance from the transom to the center point of the support pivot = 140mm
Height of the support strut, as seen on Miss Geico, through the center of the drive shaft = (if the thrust angle was zero that would be better) With the drive trimmed all the way up - The black square support that attaches to the hull is 24mm top to bottom. From the Centerline of the driveshaft to the mounting surface on the hull is approximately 50mm (Trimmed up). I am not sure how much adjustment down the drives have - I would estimate at least 10mm but have not made any adjustments to the trim as yet.
Stand off foot print, LxW = (do you refer to the Strut support?) 48mm x 48mm x 24mm (tall)
Foot print of the HPR drive as it mounts to the transom, the flange foot print you could say. I see its a radius from the center so maybe just the widest points and a basic center relationship. Widest points - approx 51mm diameter with an angle of around 110 degrees (guessing that one) to follow the Vee of the hull. These drives are HUGE when you really get up close - they look small on the boat but that is because the boat is huge too.

The HPR rudder - what is the footprint of the rudder on the steering box, LxW = 33mm wide and 38mm tall.

I was as accurate as possible but sometimes had to be a touch less precise since the edges of the verneers are not so kind to the surfaces of the boat and hardware - plus some of the other hardware can get in the way.

Certainly let me know if you would like some more detailed pics and/or additional measurements.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Chris Nicastro

Sweet! Thanks for the info. I would imagine the MTC drive would share those dimensions since its for the same hull wouldnt you??

I know those calipers have drawn blood over the years, lol!

OH! BTW...what are the dimensions of the rudder overal length, blade width?