Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Cleaning the Savage

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:38 PM
01s0uljah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning the Savage

Just a quick question regarding cleaning the savage.. Is it suitable to pressure wash the savage with all the electronics removed? Has anyone tried it yet? just asking because i thought direct contact with with water to the bearing would have an impact on it.. Any suggestions?
Old 05-10-2008, 08:57 PM
BudBud

Default RE: Cleaning the Savage

Never tried it, but I am not far off of that. I spray mine with Simple Green and then hit them with an air hose. 130 pounds of compressed air probably sends that Simple Green right through my bearings. Generally speaking, I try to just use air in the bearing and carb areas. BB
Old 05-10-2008, 09:24 PM
01s0uljah

i spent 4 hours taking apart the savage today and stripped 2 plastic screw holes.. im tired of that.. i can put simple green into the pressure hose box which sprays that as well.. i just wanna know if its gonna be bad for the bearings.. =]
Old 05-10-2008, 09:35 PM
twomanytoys

I used to race dirt bikes and still ride quads. The worst thing for bearings are a pressure washer. Pressure washers can get water into the tightest spots and totally distrow bearings. I would not use a pressure washer on the truck. Just use some simple green then some real hot water to rinse. Then coat the truck with wd40 and use a air hose to spray all teh access off. It will look like new again and no damage to the bearings. You just dont want pressurized water in contact with the bearings.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:30 PM
01s0uljah

how would i use simple green on the truck? sorry for the newb questions
Old 05-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Midget

I find the easiest way to clean my savage is put it though the dish washer.
I find that it cleans best on the Hot Setting using those power ball things, and even give it a "Lemon" smell after.

Also...I don't have any responsibility if you try this.....
Old 05-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't clean it.... the more you clean it, the more chance you have of ruining stuff like bearings.

If it's really dirty, I just drive trough some grass, preferably wet grass... that cleans it right up. Sometimes I use air to clean out the wheels, but that's about it.

I'm just a basher, so I don't give a damn how it looks... as long as it works properly.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:06 PM
01s0uljah

im really picky with my toys.. they always have to be clean.. i've stripped them apart to clean and its a hassle.. so i wanna find other alternatives to clean them.. how would i apply simple green towards my rc?
Old 05-11-2008, 07:36 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[link=http://www.rcbros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1759]Here you go.[/link] You can also use a small paint brush to scrub away the tough stuff.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:54 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i like my stuff clean but watch the bearing cuz they get loaded with dirt and almost make me cry inside, or if you don't feel like ripping the whole thing apart drive it snow then bring inside heat it up and rotate untill happy but try to shake out any snow thats stuck in (i know its may but for you mountain peeps or for next year)

rclugnut10