Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

tc3 vs. ntc3, I know this is nitro but.......

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

tc3 vs. ntc3, I know this is nitro but.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 04:24 AM
WadeoMTU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tc3 vs. ntc3, I know this is nitro but.......

Im getting a NTC3 kit w/ a fantom .12 after much debate about wheather to go electric or nitro. They both have their + and - but you cant beat being able to run for hours straight without having to charge a battery!! Anyways, would a tc3 out handle a ntc3 on a track. Speed isnt of concern, just handeling. It seems to me that the tc3 would logically be more nimble on a course. Correct me if im wrong but I think the tc3 has a lower ride height and its obviously lighter. Dunno just sitting here and thinking. Throw in your two cents on the subject, what do you think. Also acceleration? A tc3 with a low turn motor can really rip!! But can it beat a ntc3? So many Q's so little time....... :bananahea
Old 05-08-2003, 04:33 AM
kethomps

Default Green toe

Squirrels can't survive the washing machine!
Old 05-08-2003, 04:37 AM
kethomps

Default bl

buddy, everyone knows that an NTC3 couldn't step to a TC3 with a C40 bl! put your glow plug down and get with the program.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:44 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default Re: bl

Originally posted by kethomps
buddy, everyone knows that an NTC3 couldn't step to a TC3 with a C40 bl! put your glow plug down and get with the program.
sad but true lol, plus I'm pretty sure the tc3 is lighter, and could handle alot better. and as for going w/o charging a battery... you better have a damn good reciever pack then, or a couple of them to do that, cuz they take a LONG time to charge :-/ I'd personally be going electric if i had the $ to choose.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:21 AM
WadeoMTU

Squirrels? What squirrels.......

Its all a matter of time management, charge your receiver batts overnight your good for the next day. Receiver batteries should last you hours, if anyone tells you different they buy Ni-CD and put poor memory on the thing. As for the C40...... yea it might beat it but only for about five minutes!!!!! hahaha Kevin. eat it.

Ill stick with the ntc3, its got more lotion for the motion.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:31 PM
caseyddr

actually a C40 brushless system with 3300 nimh last about 10-15 minutes, most of which are at top speed.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:59 PM
WhiskyVR-4

I haven't seen any numbers, but I've had both cars, and I don't think my TC3 was really much lighter than a nitro car, once you add the motor and battery pack. Electric is certainyl simpler, but it gets boring, going fast is an electric is just a matter of throwing enough money at it and gearing it right. Once you spend a wad of cash on serious matched cells and a low-turn motor (with an ESC that can handle it) there really isn't a heck of a lot mroe to do to the car. You could always improve your driving skills, but thats true in both electric and nitro. There is just more to nitro, and you can't beat the fun of running your car when the chassis, suspension, AND engine are perfectly dialed.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:00 PM
caseyddr

Originally posted by WhiskyVR-4
I haven't seen any numbers, but I've had both cars, and I don't think my TC3 was really much lighter than a nitro car, once you add the motor and battery pack. Electric is certainyl simpler, but it gets boring, going fast is an electric is just a matter of throwing enough money at it and gearing it right. Once you spend a wad of cash on serious matched cells and a low-turn motor (with an ESC that can handle it) there really isn't a heck of a lot mroe to do to the car. You could always improve your driving skills, but thats true in both electric and nitro. There is just more to nitro, and you can't beat the fun of running your car when the chassis, suspension, AND engine are perfectly dialed.
everything you said can be said about nitro too. Drop the cash on it and after so much theres nothing you can do..if you wanna be basic about it. there are so many tuning options on both that you are way off. Ever built or messed with a stock motor? dont sound like it...
Old 05-09-2003, 04:06 AM
kethomps

Default missed out

Wade you missed some fun. Go Wild!!! I'd have to say that I agree with the last post. Either way you go, money will get you speed. After that it's all skill. But isn't it just really cool to have an electric motor running as fast, if not faster than nitro power??? It's definitely cooler to me! EE vs. ME; me vs. wade
Old 05-09-2003, 09:20 PM
WhiskyVR-4

Originally posted by CaseyDDR
everything you said can be said about nitro too. Drop the cash on it and after so much theres nothing you can do..if you wanna be basic about it. there are so many tuning options on both that you are way off. Ever built or messed with a stock motor? dont sound like it...
absolutely, most of my time was spent in stock racing, and to be honest, I like stock a whole lot better than mod. Mod was REALLY just a question of who has more money to spend on a motor and ESC, even the best of drivers can't hang when he is running a 15-turn motor against a 9-turn motor in 4 minute races. Stock racing is easy to get into, easy to compete in, and damn hard to win. Yes, I know all the little tricks and tweaks you can do with timing and brushes and truing your comm and so on, I raced for years in electric, but I really get a bigger kick out of tuning a nitro engine and swapping pipes and such for various tracks. The reason why i say there is more to nitro is that there are more apsects of HOW the power is delivered that you can control, whereas with electric you get nearly instant torque and power, whether its high or low end is just a matter of swapping pinions.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:47 PM
studysession

Electric can go faster than Nitro cars if you really know what you are doing. But nothing beats the smell of Nitro. I love my NTC3. Just ordered new pinion and spur gears for the tranny.

I am going to regear it for more top end speed. I bought a few and waiting for them to come in so I play with taller and shorter gearing for the 2 speed.

Nitro cars kick *****. But I have some electrics kick nitro cars butts in the straight aways.

I still prefer Nitro.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	77622_33316.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	45755