Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Servo no good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Wowgow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo no good?

Hi all. I need your wisdom once agian!!!
Ater filling the tank from one round of bashing, the throttle servo went to wide open, sat there and "twicked". I did go through some puddles so I'm not sure if that's what caused it.
I oped up the servo to let it dry (if it did get a small amount of water in it). When I plugged it back into the receiver it goes all the way to one side and twitches, with no response from the Tx'er. I'm using a Spektrum 3.0 and the servo is a Z270. I tried plugging it into the stering spot with no luck.
Is the servo shot? I've never encountered this problem before.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Parputt537

Default RE: Servo no good?

Have you ruled out low or dead batteries? If so then I would say it is toast.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:15 AM
yoster

Happens all the time on my planes when I use cheap servo's. If you remove the gears from the servo and plug it in, and the motor just spins.. it's shot.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Wowgow

Yeah, when I take the gears out, the motor spins... having no luck with Spektrum. I've had it long enough for the break in and 2 tanks of fuel, and I have very limitted range when I use it for my boat... Should have stuck with Futaba.
Thanks for the help guys.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Sparco

yea, exact thing happened with my throttle servo...it got stuck at WOT and went as far as i could see, i found it in a bunch of bushes smoking like mad, it was the stock sf-2 servo