Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ez start problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 02:23 AM
s7jstep1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ez start problem

when i try to start my revo, the ez start motor spins freely. i just replaced everything in the system except for the internal gears which are fine. the only thing i see wrong is the cush drive elements are gone. it doesnt look like it would cause my problem but its the only thing i came up with. has anybody else encountered this problem?
Old 05-24-2008, 06:42 AM
iamnot

Default RE: ez start problem

did replacing everything
include the owb?
or at least
cleaning it?
Old 05-24-2008, 07:49 AM
bsrman14
Banned

Try cleaning everything again including the one way bearing. When restarting again loosen the glow plug to reduce the compression then tighten after the engin runs.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:56 AM
s7jstep1

actually, i forgot about the one way bearing. ill try that when i change out the cush drive elements
Old 05-25-2008, 06:13 PM
jaketrouble

i'm sure you have it right but make sure the wires are on the correct post,,red/black.. i recently swapped out an ezstart motor and when i went to start it the motor would spin very fast but freely.. took me a few minutes to relize i had them backwards. i am sure this was the first thing you checked but just figured i throw it out there,,jake.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:51 PM
s7jstep1

yeah the wires are correct
Old 05-26-2008, 01:13 AM
TheRCShack
My Feedback: (27)

I suggest seal the engine and tune her well and then drop the easy start and go pull start.I wish they made a direct drive starter like the HPI for the 3.3 that was worth anything.Someone needs to redesign the easy start for traxxas.I like the Idea and convienience but it is not made well.We made a couple aluminum case custom full #8 steel teath metel units but they were for lets say the ummm the higher tax bracket?????I worried about the long term affects also especially in vaper lock but the guys have had no problems but I warned them.Still I did not like the idea and protested it but money talks in some instances especially when you need to pay the light bill.I have thought it over and I like the easy start but I wish it was center mounted behiond the engine and a complete new gearing system to a metel rear direct shaft.I thought at 1 time a upper motor and belt to a lower drive system on a one way.Maybe I should just build a couple different things and try them.

I think you guys have it worked out
Old 05-28-2008, 08:13 PM
s7jstep1

is [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJL63&P=7]this[/link] the one way bearing i would need?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Rob6

Yes that will work, have you tried anything before buying this? Like soaking it in 10w-30 oil?
Old 05-30-2008, 12:21 AM
s7jstep1

no ive been really busy lately with college finals and my new job but im going to have time to mess with rc now that schools out. i might mess with it tomorrow