Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

new cars idea!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 07:49 PM
ELK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new cars idea!

is this car a good idea for racing and street bashing.

Tamiya Racing Car TT-01R Chassis Kit
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKSG3&P=0
Old 06-09-2008, 08:02 PM
TIGER76

Default RE: new cars idea!

Ill give you my insight m8 on the TT lol

As a carpark basher or drifter it wont be beat for the price..nuff said, solid diffs and gears capable of BL upgrades,solid bathtub chassis for rallying too.
You get some great hopups with the R version too and theres MANY MANY hopups for the TT from carbon chassis to ali everything.

Now the bad bit []as a racer unless your up against other TTs or similar priced kits its bad,mainly due to the steering and adjustments and gear ranges,if your on for buying a pure racer from tamiya check out the ta-05.

For drifting its the best in that price range no doubt the shaft driven power is great and the bathtub chassis stop stones getting everywhere in carparks.

Alot of people knock the TT due to the price and it being an entry level kit,the TT was never brought out to be a racer bred runner more a replacement for the tamiya TL series for carpark racers.

Slap in a low turn motor and there heaps of fun,and thats why so many are sold as either drifters or carpark bashers [8D]
Old 06-09-2008, 11:14 PM
adrictan

Default RE: new cars idea!

He's right. However I find that in the U.S, Tamiya is not really popular as compared to Asia. In singapore, you'll find beginners starting with TT01s and the restmessing with the TA05 models. Some use Yokomo while others use HPI. Team Magic seems quite popular in the U.S. Right?