Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

hey beginer needs help

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 01:28 AM
rcTanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey beginer needs help

okay i have a shumacher nitro 21 xr-r desert storm and
when i run it it takes a while to get going then when it goes
if i push it a little harder it dies and the gas lines have gas left in them the only thing i could think of was it wasnt geting enough gas but i dont know how to adjust it there are 2 things that looks like u could adjust but i dont no which one to do please leave any info and it will be apriceated
Old 05-10-2003, 01:56 AM
solo racer

Do you have a manual for the truck/engine?

It sounds like you want to richen up the high speed needle a little. That would be the needle that most likely runs up next to the air filter. I would strongly recommend searching for some detailed guides to engine tuning if you don't know what you're doing.
Old 05-10-2003, 03:58 AM
RCCarAddict

Wow, hold on a sec...if its slow getting started its probably TOO rich. If it was too lean it would leap off the line and die suddenly as you pick up speed. Try this...when you accelerate and the car dies, does it die instantly and abruptly? If so, it is too lean so richen it up. However, if it dies and has a slight gargling noise afterward it's too rich. Also, check the exhaust, if you see lots of smoke when you accelerate it is too rich....if you see no smoke and the engine has a high pitched sound its too lean. It can be tricky knowing which needle to adjust though. Since its during acceleration is might be the low-speed needle. To check the low-speed needle setting start the engine and let it idle. Then, pinch the fuel line to shut it off. If the engine takes about 3-4 seconds to rev up and then die its correctly set. If it takes longer than 4 seconds its too rich so turn it clockwise a little bit and try again. If it takes less than 3 seconds to die than it is too lean (although I doubt its too lean). By the way, the low speed needle is the one closer in to the engine, and the high-speed is closer to the carb and air filter. If the low-speed is correctly set, try leaning out the high speed a tad and try again. I hope this helps and if you still have problems, just take it in to a hobby shop. Good Luck!!!
Old 05-10-2003, 07:13 AM
solo racer

Opps! Yeah he's right. I read it like it was dying when under hard throtle, but missed the slow to accelerate part. Time to sleep... :sleeping: