Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

basic set ups for NTC3 ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 02:54 AM
glass bub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default basic set ups for NTC3 ??

I just want some basics for keeping the car straight off the line and also some handling .. This is the first car I'm trying to dial in ..But Im kind of cluelss where to start >> ANY basic hopups needed Like ?? SWAY BARS?? THANX
Old 05-10-2003, 03:50 AM
RCCarAddict

If your car is not running straight try adding a tad of toe-in, which will help that. It sounds like you're new at this so just make sure you break in your engine all the way (at least 5 tanks) before really letting her rip...trust me my firend found out the hard way and stuck a piston. Sway bars would also improve handling and the type of tires you hav ein comparison to where you run your car (slicks on a very smooth street or parking lot, or treaded on a rougher street) Good luck and have fun with your car!
Old 05-10-2003, 05:44 AM
glass bub

thanks for the reply. If i toe in the rear (I"m assuming the rear) will that help the car go straight full throttle from a dead stop?? And will it help the car brake or decelerate straighter ?? The car is broken in now. It's fast and I'm having a hard time figuring out .. I do not have anybody to teach me hands on..Thanks again!!
Old 05-10-2003, 08:00 PM
studysession

I have NTC3 RTR - upgrade with 2 speed. Love it. Eats up tires if your not careful, and listen to previous post about the break in. I see a lot of people blow engines by not breaking them in right.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:02 AM
glass bub

Default re

how do you avoid eating up tires and another thing I dont know how to adjust the two speed ?? I'm also having a hard time adjusting it to drive straight >> thanx