Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 08:12 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cold Air Intake

I don't know if it would actually help but a little horizontal tube with a filter on the end..bent to fit the motor,would look cool.Whether or not colder air helps on a 2 stroke,I don't know but it doesn't seem like it would hurt.If anyone has seen one or has any ideas or comments about this let me know.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:46 PM
WhiskyVR-4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cold Air Intake

Originally posted by GALAXY
I don't know if it would actually help but a little horizontal tube with a filter on the end..bent to fit the motor,would look cool.Whether or not colder air helps on a 2 stroke,I don't know but it doesn't seem like it would hurt.If anyone has seen one or has any ideas or comments about this let me know.
colder air helps with any engine (colder = more dense = more O2 = more fuel = more power), but to be honest, these little cars get pretty good airflow, if you cut your windshield right. Cold Air Induction is one of the areas of 1:1 performance that just doesn't quite equate (you don't really have much by way of excessivly hot "under hood" temps in a RC car). Just make sure your windshield hole is placed well, and get a good filter, and you'll be fine.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:50 AM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cold Air Intake

Yeah,you're right,it shouldn't be that hot to need one,I just figured it would look cool. You think it would hurt performance any if could make one make one about 1 1/2 '' long with the half inch bent downward to the intake with the filter on the other end?