Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

JRX-S Setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:08 AM
d3ToX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRX-S Setup

I bought a Losi JRSX-R kit and put a JR dz900s servo on it with the Mamba Max 7700. I also upgraded the pinion gear to a 42T as opposed to the 36T. And put the Kevlar 126T spur gear on it. Its got the standard SPMSR3100 receiver that comes with the Spectrum DX3-R radio. I plan to put a 3S 5000maH lipo in it. Can anyone make any other suggestions or tell me if that sounds like a bad setup? What kind of speeds do u think that will get?

Thanks- d3ToX
Old 06-17-2008, 04:24 PM
jaws1

Default RE: JRX-S Setup

that is seriously quick with your electrics, with all that set up your gonna have a problem with heat, you will need some forced cooling, what are you using your car for, as for speed i would guess more than 60mph
Old 06-17-2008, 05:07 PM
d3ToX

Im plan to use it on an open outside track. there are a few guys that race these type cars at the local rc track in my town.... I figured I would have a heat problem. What would u suggest to help cool the system?
Old 06-18-2008, 01:29 PM
jaws1

well, it will be hard to fit a heatsink but if you could find a heatsink small enough to go around the motor and under the top chassis plate then great, you might need a fairly large fan with a high cfm flow, maybe 60mm(you can get low profile fan), if you wire the fan directly from your lipo batteries then you ll have some great flow around the motors and speedo if its close to the motor, if i had your car i would do that, i dont recommand 20mm fan or anything
Old 06-18-2008, 02:05 PM
d3ToX

Im trying to break speeds of 90+. friend had a similar setup. He had a Xray with the same motor and was hitting 91. The xray doesnt have as good control as the jrx from what ive seen. any idea what i might be able to change ab it to see 90+?