Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

what fm setup to use?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 12:36 PM
sbracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what fm setup to use?

what is the most inexpensive fm transmitter and receiver to use on my hpi e-firestorm? do i have to get a new servo as well?
Old 06-18-2008, 06:23 PM
dacaur

Default RE: what fm setup to use?

No,as long as the servo thats in there is a 3 wire servo it will work with any radio...

Well, if you dont want/need a computer radio, you can get a 3 channel hitec aggressor for $70 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXHBB5**&P=0

But honestly, i would go for a computer radio... that way you can have all your different cars/trucks programed in, and dont have to re-trim then each time to switch cars.. Plus a computer radio WILL make you a better driver with features like EXPO, ABS, dual rates, etc... and can save you from burning out servos with adjustable endpoints....

You can get a 2 channel futaba computer radio new from tower for $85 with no servos, or get it with 2 servos for $90... use them as spares or sell them... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXNHS3**&P=0

OR you can get the much better futaba 3PM 3 channel radio for $20 more (110) That's what i would do... You might not need 3 channels now, but its better to have a channel you dont need, than have to buy a whole new radio a year down the road because you wanted to save a few bucks today.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXGAG2**&P=0

Or you can probably get a used computer radio for $50-$75... but you wont get a warranty and there is always the chance of being screwed....
Old 06-18-2008, 08:01 PM
rcktpwrd

Default RE: what fm setup to use?

I got the 3PM a little while back and really like it. I only bash with my RC's but the ability to fine tune all the adjustments is fantastic and then ability to use it with up to 10 different models settings is great. All you need is a receiver for each vehicle... You can also set up the radio memory several different ways for the same vehicle for different conditions.. If you are looking for an FM radio the price of the 3PM is hard to beat...