Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Radio for Kyosho 1/9 Scale RV with CCVT transmission?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Radio for Kyosho 1/9 Scale RV with CCVT transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 02:45 PM
holson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio for Kyosho 1/9 Scale RV with CCVT transmission?

I have one of these:

As you can see behind the gearbox there is a spot for a third servo, while it is possible to use a 2 channel radio, I'd like to use at least a 3-channel radio with full range 3rd channel control (to go from reverse, Neutral and forward speeds) - at least I think it's able to do so.

Since I'm cheap, I am thinking of picking up a used Futaba 4 channel radio from e-bay complete with 4 servos and all from e-bay. I'm looking at the 4YF or the Conquest 4, could someone enlighten me why this might not be a good idea?

I see that Futaba has a ground-only 4 channel radio, the 4GWD. What are the differences, other than the frequency? Do the sticks' axes correspond to the same channels?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:48 PM
RURC

Default RE: Radio for Kyosho 1/9 Scale RV with CCVT transmission?

I would have to say that you should look into the Nomadio React. It is a 3 channel radio and absolute top quality. If you want to stay in the FM range go with a Multiplex Profi- Car. A 301 and 401 are 3 channel the 707 is 7 channel. I have a 301 and a 707 thay are the best radios I have ever had.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:24 AM
holson

RURC

Thanks for the recommendation - I like the Nomadio react but I think all those have 3 and above channels that are just switches right? I kind of need a proportional one - I still have a Futaba 3PJ somewhere but I think that does not have a proportional 3rd channel.

Rgds,
Old 06-19-2008, 10:06 AM
RURC

The Multiplex 707 can make 5 of the 7 channels proportional. I have used up to 4 channels this way on my 707. On the Nomadio that also can be proportional. It was designed for with 1/5 scale in mind. The 3rd channel can be used for either a second brake or rear wheel steering. I have both and I have had all you mentioned except for the Futaba. The Multiplex is my favorate but the Nomadio is a very close second. If the receivers were cheaper I would use the Nomadio more. I have over 30 cars and $80 for a receiver for each is too steep for me to replace all of them. But then also on my cars I use more then 3 channels would stay Multiplex. I had the Nomadio Sensor and it was great but when the React came out I got it because it had greater speed and Nomadio bought the molds from Multiplex for their case, so it looks (in shape) identical to my 707. It fits perfectly in my hand and is incrediabally adjustable.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Jeckler
My Feedback: (2)

Just make sure that whatever radio you get, it has to be legal for ground use. So, 27 or 75mhz. 50 if you're a licensed ham. 72 is for aircraft only. Don't be one of those "Oh, I never drive around planes, it'll be OK" types. You NEVER know.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:48 AM
holson

Thanks guys,

I looked at the Nomadio and multiplex but they are really out of my price range

The Futaba 3 channel pistol grip radios only allow on-off on the 3rd channel it seems - I guess it's down to the Futaba 4GWD as the most affordable way to do this @ $129

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXSNP1**&P=7

Old 06-19-2008, 12:55 PM
RURC

ORIGINAL: Jeckler

Just make sure that whatever radio you get, it has to be legal for ground use. So, 27 or 75mhz. 50 if you're a licensed ham. 72 is for aircraft only. Don't be one of those "Oh, I never drive around planes, it'll be OK" types. You NEVER know.

The Nomado is 2.4 ghz and the Multiplex radios come in all surface frequencies. I personally have 75mhz and 40mhz. And yes I have a Ham license.

I would really look into getting a better radio then the Futaba.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:11 PM
holson

I found this: http://www.e-clec-tech.com/rangeriii3chfm.html, which seems to do a better job at a lower price point than the Futaba.

Plus with this the controls would be more familiar.. it's FM too.