Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

New to crawling/ need suggestions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

New to crawling/ need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Neil E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to crawling/ need suggestions

ORIGINAL: fxstsdon

Ok...Thankx for the info.. I appreciate it...
One of many more dumb questions. The ax10 scorpion, is it better to get the kit and build it up? or go another route and get the artr or the rtr? Whats included with the artr?
Here again the question needs to be answered. Are you going to bash or competing.

The ARTR for bashing and the kit for comp.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:14 PM
dezfan

ORIGINAL: Neil E

ORIGINAL: fxstsdon

Ok...Thankx for the info.. I appreciate it...
One of many more dumb questions. The ax10 scorpion, is it better to get the kit and build it up? or go another route and get the artr or the rtr? Whats included with the artr?
Here again the question needs to be answered. Are you going to bash or competing.

The ARTR for bashing and the kit for comp.
That's not accurate.

The ARTR is actually more comp worthy than the kit version.

It's the RTR that is more of a basher.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:37 PM
FORDMIKE65

True.The ARTR has most of the upgrades I've already done to my kit.It would have ended a bit cheaper,but you can't beat building it yourself.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:05 PM
BRUSSER

Hi:
Im trying to build kind of crawler track in one of my Condo common use area all this with the directors board permission,
the area in question is about 300 to 400 sq. feets. Can i get some ideas or where to go to get some building plans to build this
track. Really doing this for the kids and parents so they can have more quality time together and living in a Condo walk-ups
styles believe this is the best alternatitve( no noise from Nitro ) can i get some help or some reference on where to go and get
some help. LHS here are no help at all. Thanks if any can help
Old 08-06-2008, 09:42 PM
whipnet

ORIGINAL: FORDMIKE65

True.The ARTR has most of the upgrades I've already done to my kit.It would have ended a bit cheaper,but you can't beat building it yourself.

Agreed, there's just something about building it yourself, and the AX10 kit is an easy but fun build. Unless you plan on competing this weekend, go with the kit. The "upgrades" you get with the ARTR are hardly worth mentioning and will be replaced by most anyway.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:34 PM
fxstsdon

I want to say a great thank you to all of you who have given me advice. I really appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share what you've learned. I'm like most, just a bit short on $. So I'll save my pennies and take all of what you've said. I think I'd like to build one from kit. And take the time to get all the goodies on it as I go. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
If you would all indulge me in the future when I have more dumb questions, I would be greatful.
Once again thank all of you. Happy crawling,may you cross the last gate unscathed.

Don.