Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Composite Arf, Whats up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 05:02 PM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Composite Arf, Whats up?

I ordered a Shulman 2.6 with Composite and was informed that it was out of stock but they had the House scheme ready to ship. I went with the House colors and my account was charged and I was notified that the following Friday it would ship. A week later the status of my order had not changed from confirmed. The rep I picked failed to answer e-mails so I e-mailed Composite and was told the shipment had been delayed cause it had not arrived yet. Humm! I waited a week and e-mailed Composite and was told It arrived and would go out in 3 days. Another week later my status is still confirmed and no responce to the e-mail. Gee! I guess Im being impatient. They sold me a plane that they had in stock but didnt. Then they would ship it in 3 days and haven't. Come on guys whats up here?
Old 05-24-2003, 12:46 PM
BBW Walt

Default Received

After a month waiting and some help from a couple concerned Reps, I came home to a damaged plane setting on my back porch. If you place an order with Composite Arf pick your rep carefully.
Old 05-24-2003, 03:58 PM
carla kanak
My Feedback: (4)

Default Reps

I do not think the rep matters, it is the way they want to run this operation if you lower prices and cut out the middle man, you are cutting out levels of service and concerned (because that is how they make their living) representatives for the manufacture.
Hope you get it straightened out, I am sure you will sooner or later.
Don
Old 05-24-2003, 07:34 PM
BBW Walt

Default Composite reps

The rep Im dealing with now has returned all calls and e-mails. The origional one failed to respond to any contact attempt. When I descided to go with a Fiberclassic's plane, Planes Plus was all sold out. I wish that had not been the case but I will see how Composite resolves the damage issues.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:13 PM
carla kanak
My Feedback: (4)

Default rep

That is a good sign! No problem on fact that we were out I appreciate you thinking of us.
Check back with us later as we will be introducing soon an all composite new version of that plane with many improvements>
Good luck, Thanks Again Don
Old 05-30-2003, 09:49 PM
BBW Walt

Default Quality issues?

Has anyone had any quality issues with Composite Arf? Has anybody had any customer service issues? Where the heck is Hong Kong anyway?
Old 05-31-2003, 12:08 AM
planebrkr

I ordered the 40% extra, rep was responsive, got confirmation, was told that the plane would ship in a few days. So far so good. Then I ge a call from a company in Illinois saying that I must hire them to clear the kit through customs. further more I must give the my power of attorney for 30 days, my social security number, my company ID number or federal tax number so they can send the kit to me. If I don't then they will charge me with storage and after 30 days auction the kit off to pay for storage. If that wasn't enough the company could not tell me what was shipped - just that it came from Composite-arf.
I'm waiting to see how they respond to my e-mails
Old 05-31-2003, 01:27 AM
Rob Swire-RCU

I have a 2.6 Extra(shulman) from composite arf and received outstanding service from the company and my rep (Andy Kane). I was missing some of the hardware, I notified my rep and received the missing parts in 5 days..all the way from Thailand.
In my case, the middle man was Andy Kane whom maintained a great level of service as good as or better than any vendor.
There are many vendors/middle men that sell products that do not give a crap how about their level of service. I do not think this is the case with Comp Arf.
I also have a 34% CA Extra which I ordered from Don@ Planes Plus. I received 1st class service.
Sure, the ordering procedures at CA are a little unorthodox and unique, Its just a something that we are not used to doing and I admit, I was a little skeptic at first.
-rob
Old 05-31-2003, 01:37 AM
Rob Swire-RCU

Klotz/Walt

Forgot to ask, who is your rep? Perhaps I or someone can help. I noticed you made several post re: CA and their level of service and quality.

-rob
Old 05-31-2003, 11:35 AM
BBW Walt

Default Composite Arf

Originally posted by Rob Swire
Klotz/Walt

Forgot to ask, who is your rep? Perhaps I or someone can help. I noticed you made several post re: CA and their level of service and quality.

-rob
Thanks for the offer but I would rather not put any names out on the forum.