Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Filling Air Tanks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Filling Air Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 12:20 PM
frothingslosh
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Filling Air Tanks

Here's an idea that may be of value for those of you that are running separate air tanks for brakes and retracts.

I run a line from each fill valve, and connect them to a T fitting. Then another line from the T and add a fill adapter fitting to the other end. Now, when I fill the tanks, I hook to the fill adaptor coming from the T and fill both tanks at the same time. Eliminates the need to disconnect and re-connect, and with more length on the fill line in the airplane it's a lot easier to hookup the compressor.

Doubt if I'm the first guy to do this, but it saves me a lot of time.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:26 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Filling Air Tanks

Been doing that since '03, one cheap way to do it without cross contaminating air from one tank to the other is buy a couple of clippard check valves, put them inline.

Since around '05 I changed all to one air system cause I was never having any failures, and Tam's retract valve came out around '06, and when I got that I switched to one valve that does both operations.

That's about as slick as I could get the install.

Cool Tip though!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:33 PM
frothingslosh
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: seanreit

Been doing that since '03, one cheap way to do it without cross contaminating air from one tank to the other is buy a couple of clippard check valves, put them inline.

Since around '05 I changed all to one air system cause I was never having any failures, and Tam's retract valve came out around '06, and when I got that I switched to one valve that does both operations.

That's about as slick as I could get the install.

Cool Tip though!

seanreit -

Not sure just what you mean by "cross contaminate", but the 2 valves I hook the T to are both one-way check valves, so a leak or failure in one will not transfer to the other.

I think that may be what you said???
Old 08-14-2008, 12:36 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup
Old 08-14-2008, 02:01 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I always use one set of tanks for everything. The brakes, retracts and gear. I see no reason in having separate tanks. Each of those systems will all work on the same pressure.

Andy