Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Lookin to buy a new nitro stadium truck..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Lookin to buy a new nitro stadium truck..

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 03:59 PM
Master-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin to buy a new nitro stadium truck..

I have looked all over the net and magazines for different ones and they all look and sound really cool....
RC10 gt
Rustler
Losi
and a few others...but could someone tell me what a really good one would be for me? Ive been with electric cars for the past 2 years and ever since 2 months ago I became interested in nitro cars.... I got a kyosho 1/10 buggy which is not bad....im lookin for somethin much faster and good handling....
the rustler seems to have the fastest top speeds... could u guys gimme some ideas...?
thanx guys
i appreciate any help
Old 05-19-2003, 05:11 PM
solo racer

There are quite a few threads about this if you do a search. As for which is better, my opinion is the Losi XXXNT followed by the RC10GT and the Rustler if you are racing. If you are bashing and not racing I would go with an RC10GT or Rustler though.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:46 AM
Master-RCU

If I was to get a rc10 gt, there are a few options for it when I try to order it from tower hobbies...like factory team built pull start,,non pull start... team kit and some others
the rc10gt comes in a kit right?
I think ill get the rc10 gt...wats the difference? factory team built..and the sport version...so im not sure which one to order...
thanx
Old 05-20-2003, 08:35 PM
Justintoxicated

why no Losi if your bashing?

Also are there any decent 1/8th scale Stadium trucks? I was thinking about converting an ETK to an NTK Nitro Thunder King, but if there is something new out that will be better than this please let me know before I sink $400 into an old truck!
Old 05-20-2003, 09:15 PM
ProZac

Well I have the Losi and it's an awesome truck but the front suspension arms are extremely easy to break. I have only replaced mine with plastic ones but I hear that graphite is alot better. Even if you land a small 2 foot jump bad the arms will snap. Very annoying.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:31 PM
Justintoxicated

Originally posted by ProZac
Well I have the Losi and it's an awesome truck but the front suspension arms are extremely easy to break. I have only replaced mine with plastic ones but I hear that graphite is alot better. Even if you land a small 2 foot jump bad the arms will snap. Very annoying.
that sucks, i was thinking about getting the andrew drake kit, but fromt he sound of it an RC10GT would be better.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:37 PM
outluded

you mean adam drake

and that kit comes with pretty much everything graphite.

my frined has the rtr xxx-nt sport, and he only broke the a-arms when he ran into a car going pretty fast.

team losi is very good if your gonna do races,l but the rc10gt will be a bit tougher cuz it doesnt have all those plastic parts in there, but will also handle worse.