Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

My BVM F-16 encounters my 2year old !

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

My BVM F-16 encounters my 2year old !

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 04:15 AM
turbine guy
My Feedback: (266)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheeew!

Wojtek,
I saw the title of your post and that it was you--

I thought it was the T-Bird!!!!

Glad to see she's OK.

The center line tank is new, is it functional?

Jake

FWIW I had photos and documentation showing BOTH a right-side up and inverted # "5" version of the F-16 T-Bird.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:39 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Default Re: wheeew!

Originally posted by turbine guy
Wojtek,

FWIW I had photos and documentation showing BOTH a right-side up and inverted # "5" version of the F-16 T-Bird.
On the full scale #5 T-bird, the "5" is right side up on the left side of the fuselage AND inverted on the right. The reason for this is all inverted passes are from left to right, thus the inverted "5" on the (visible) right side.

If Wojtek has the "5" upside down on the side not visible in the photo, he is correct!!! (Used to have "5" on my T-birds, too)

Incidently, back in 89 or so, the #5 T-Bird Solo Driver was "Buck" Rogers!!! How 'bout that?
Old 05-22-2003, 11:57 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default My BVM F-16 encounters my 2year old !

sorry boys !! all 5s are right side up
Old 05-23-2003, 12:55 AM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a beautiful Bird anyway! Didn't know that the left side was rightside up. All the pictures I have seen have been from the right side. Learn something new everyday!
Old 05-23-2003, 03:43 PM
Eclipse

Default kids and planes

I have 4 kids and so far they are all airplane nuts! I have caught my 2 and 3 yr old boys just before they decided to ride on my F-20 Tigershark.

I also have an old Grippen which hangs in their bedroom, and everynight I have to lift them up to hug it goodnight and let them say "Goodnight Grippen!" Then I swing it so they can lay in bed and watch it "fly"

They are so great!

A few days ago we were at a store in London, Ontario, and the Snowbirds flew over. My 2 yr old (actually 1.5) and 3 yr old went absolutely crazy with laughter as this was the first real jet they have seen. My daughter wants to be a fighter pilot.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:16 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

My boy (2 years old) loves the garage. When i work on my jets or helicopters, i always give him a playschool set of tools and some of my old rc cars..... he pretends to work on them, and knows how to put the wheels back on.

My son also knows the difernece betwwn jets and prop planes ... a distinct bbbbvvvrrrmmmmm, or sssshhhhhhhh identifies either the jets or other planes . i took him to the flying field a few weeks ago, but its kind of hard as he wants to run to all the planes, and wants to be right near me as I start up my planes.

Its funny how he can pick up a spec of a plane at 10,000 feet and get excited over it !

I wish there was a way to maje JayJay the Jet Plane fly as an rc model I'd make on for him

Wojtek
Old 05-24-2003, 02:01 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wojtek, I have considered scratch building one of the JJ The Jet Plane twin turbines for my kids (daddy flying, of course). Wish I had the time.