Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nitro or electric?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 05:28 PM
joelacrane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro or electric?

VOTE: Nitro or electric?

1 - Nitro
2 - Electric
Old 05-21-2003, 05:59 AM
1stPlaceRace

Man , thats tough because I could never give up my nitro, But I could never recomend a nitro as a first time vehicle. I own 3 but I dont drive my T maxx and will get off my butt and sell it one of these days. I drive my xxxnt and xxxt The only reason I have the xxxt is because I have a track....... its huge! ........ and if someone stops by I need something I KNOW WILL RUN!! Dont get me wrong, my nitro almost always runs, but if an electric motor does not run you change it. I dont have 10 nitro motors sitting in my pitbox!
Old 05-21-2003, 11:43 AM
Unstable

BOTH!.

gotta love the sound and the power of nitro.... but cant beat the ease and reliability of electric
Old 05-21-2003, 02:30 PM
joelacrane

1stplace,

Thats true, but I HATE CHARGING THOSE STUPID BATTERIES!
Old 05-23-2003, 10:54 AM
Dekz

I voted electric. But that's only because of budget. If I had enough money to keep buying fuel all the time, I would have a nitro car for sure. But that's the best thing about electric, after the initial investment, you can drive as much as you want without spending more money.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:18 PM
Rex2342

I think Nitro is cheaper to start than electric is but electric is cheaper to keep going.Before I bought my SS I did a price comparison on an electric TC3 and after gettingeverything I needed for the TC3 the price over 750$$.Now that is the price for batteries,charger,motor,ESC,Tires/rims,gearing,Radio,and the car itself.I'm sure it can be done for cheaper because that stuff was all top of the line but why not spend the cash and get the stuff you really want.I ended up going with SS just because all the stuff I wanted was only around 450$ but after time the fuel and glow plugs have added up too.