Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Sensor distance ZDZ 50RV

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 05:32 PM
rodgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensor distance ZDZ 50RV

Hi I have a new ZDZ 50 RV, Im confuse in the sensor-magnet distance. I see in RCshowcase the distance is 5mm but in zdz-modelmotor is 6mm. I will appreciate any help.

Regards
Old 04-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Sensor distance ZDZ 50RV

Are you saying that ZDZ engines do not come with the ignition sensor already installed or that there's a difference in the actual installed distance from that stated in the instructions? If the sensor is already installed, then try running the engine before trying to change anything. If it works, don't "fix" it. Probably doesn't matter either way.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:58 PM
rodgar

Hi Silversurfer, My engine came with out the sensor installed, I see there some differences in the distance. 5mm to 6mm but none listed is for the 50RV they said 50NG, I cant find any info on this engine because the have upgraded all the information in RCshowcase and ZDZ modellmotor to the new NG. I will appreciate any one (Dick Hanson) or someone that have or had this engine to help me here (this is my first gasser). I just don't want to set the neddles with the wrong timing.

Best Regards

Thank you for your help Silversurfer.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that it came detached. Try a middle ground at 5.5mm and give it a shot. It won't hurt anything if it's off 1/2 mm.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:32 AM
Mike Dooley/RCS

Rodrigo,
Please set to 6mm.
Thanks,
Old 09-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Chuck381

Have a ZDZ 50RV question,
I am running a 22X8 TBM wood prop, Yamalube 2R premix @ 32:1 currently with a Bisson pitts mufler. I am getting close to 62K RPM on it and am wondering if I am about to be peaked out @ that RPM or will I achieve possibly 6800 after another few gallons and if I go to 40:1 Yamalube or a full synthetic. It runs well and has not given me any problems, I dont want to rush things but am curious if I will get it ther or if thist is about where I will stay. Any advice is appreciated!

Chuck