Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

broken cylinder crrc 50 pro

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 09:18 PM
scottyskybolt
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken cylinder crrc 50 pro

Has anyone had the cylinder crack on there 50 pro yet,Mine did.Last weekend I was flying when the motor made a funny noise then stopped and spun the prop nut loose.I landed and tightened the prop up and then it was hard to start,But started.Ran fine but after 5mins of flying deadstick.Back on the ground and under inspection I noticed the cylinder was cracked below the intake and 90 degress to both sides.Going to send it back to tom @ vallyveiw.In the mean time I bought a dl 50 and flew it today and I have to say I shoud have bought this one first.Out of the box 500 more rpm than the crrc on the same prop.(xoar 22+8 crrc 6850 dl 7350).The engine ran awsome till it broke it really impressed me and the guy's at the field.Had it in a 30% sd extra 260 hover @ 5600 rpm and pull out good.Had to adjust the needle lever in the carb to get good transition.Bent the lever up to match the ridges in carb body insead of flush with carb base what a differance.Ran super clean no burbal and instant throtle.You would think bending it up would make it to rich but i think they come to lean.Fixxed 3 other guys carbs this way they all ran great and are still running great.I think I just got a bad casting or a friday engine oh well it was cheap.