Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Fuji Imvac BF-34EI 34cc 4-Stroke Gas Engine

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuji Imvac BF-34EI 34cc 4-Stroke Gas Engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Alias1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuji Imvac BF-34EI 34cc 4-Stroke Gas Engine

Has anyone seen or used this new 4-stroke yet?
Old 02-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Alias1

Default RE: Fuji Imvac BF-34EI 34cc 4-Stroke Gas Engine

WOW, I would have thought someone would have one of these by now. They, Tower Hobbies, say it will swing a 22 x 6-10 prop at 6800 rpm's. The only draw back I see right now is you have to mount the engine jug up. No inverted or side mounting.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:21 AM
SPACE COWBOY

Hello all! I just got one of the new BF-34ei engines, and I'm having the same problem...NO INFO FROM ANYWHERE! I called Tower Hobbies (where it came from!) and they couldn't give me any references as to what plane to put it in! Now I'm sitting here wondering if I jumped the gun by buying it. They even checked the RCU forums while I was on the phone! I'd like to put it in a large golden age plane (Howard DGA-15,Waco YMF, etc.) but I'd like for it to fit inside the cowling. I'd hate to end up putting it on an UGLY STICK or something like that! (nothing against the sticks, I have two!) I'd just like a nice scale subject to put it in. Any help would be appreciated. You can post here or call me at: 919-770-4931 ANYTIME! True four-strokes are cool, I'd just like to know what kind of plane Fuji/Imvac had in mind! (nothing on their website either!) GO FIGURE! Thanks in advance, Blair (right now it's an $800.00 PAPERWEIGHT!!)
Old 09-08-2008, 01:55 PM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I just purchased a new Fuji 34 4 cycle. Once I receive, it will replace an existing Ryobi 26cc 4 cycle conversion in a 22 pound biplane. Should offer superior performance.

The specs on the engine - 6800 rpm on 22x6-10 are very doubtful. That would put it near a G62 and I can assure you, it is not even close.

However, the engine will spin this sized prop with no problems, probably around 5000 rpm.

Will report on performance once I have it in the air.