Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

my first test drive with my new XXX NT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

my first test drive with my new XXX NT

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 04:13 PM
Enkiel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first test drive with my new XXX NT

Not too good.... the bright side? it started on first pull.... the bad side? it seems to take 2x too much gaz, and he keeps stalling when i try get it to run..

as a matter of fact, it doest move unless i get the power to 3/4

my carburator is at 1 o'clock, as its suppose to be, should i move it to 2 o'clock? even if it's its first run? or is there something else i can check out first?? i dont want to screw up the engine so soon...

there's also lots of gaz coming out of the muffler, like spray. is that because of too much gaz again?
Old 05-23-2003, 05:13 PM
Unstable

you are way rich. turn the high speed needle in about a 1/8th of a turn and run it. is this for break in? if so read the directions on what you should set it at. usually the suggest running rich for a tank or two.

after those tanks turn the needle in another 1/8th then give it a few passes. repeat until it "peaks out" (ie doesnt get any faster)

when you find the peak you want to run it slightly out from that position to extend engine life.

also remember you need to retune it a bit every day you run as weather effects tuning.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:18 PM
ProZac

Losi has the engine really rich from the factory. My second tank on mine was horrible. Almost had to have the throttle pinned to keep it at idle. Nothing but Nitro coming out of the exhaust. Just turn the high end mixture needle clockwise about 1/8 turn and if that doesn't work just try 1/8 more. After I did that to mine it was perfect.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:20 PM
soapsuds43

Originally posted by Unstable
you are way rich. turn the high speed needle in about a 1/8th of a turn and run it.

after those tanks turn the needle in another 1/8th then give it a few passes. repeat until it "peaks out" (ie doesnt get any faster)
(just to clear any thing up incase a noob) to lean it out turn to the right