Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need your help, PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 07:35 PM
gunman223
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your help, PLEASE!!

Hi,
I live in Warsaw, Indiana. I have found out that there is a local skate park, and BMX track. I am pushing the activities direct to allow R/C racing at both track, with focus and the skate park, perfect for on road racing. Only problem is I don't know of anyone else in the area. I'd like to head up a local club, and secure these two facilities so we can race and enjoy our hobby more. But I need all the area racers to help by expressing an interest. Please shoot me an e-mail if you think you'd be interested in racing here at Warsaw. Names aren't necessary, I just need a number to estimate interest for the activities director. Can't do it by myself. Please shoot me an e-mail if you're interested!
Thanks
Brian
Old 05-23-2003, 10:16 PM
spadworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your help, PLEASE!!

To gain interest you will need to advertise some what. Make a flyer and post it out. Doesn't have to be fancy. Take an original or a disk to a print shop and find you how much. Get what you can. This is gunna cost you some but it'll hopefully pay off in FUN and friendships. Get some small cones and rope and make an on-road track in a lesser used parkinglot and hope they come. MAke it a weekly event and hope more show up. MAke a drag strip and use the instant green tree. One green light one Red. Make lines with tape or chalk for the lines. Set up a runaway barrier at the end to catch the runaways. a Cheap soccer net works great or a cheap volly ball net. IT's going to take a little while to get the interest up to make a descent size group to catch the eye of the parks. Once you have enough speak to the owner of the BMX/Skate parks. Find out how much PER PERSON to borrow it for R/C Racing. Heck they may even try to start selling fuel at the park to make an extra profit. Since races don't last more than 30 minutes you won't need the tracks long. Maybe $5 per person for 2-3 races sounds good to me. Use the words What will it take? Even it it means breaking out the lawn tools and helping keep the place clean and neat. ALWAYS PICK UP YOUR TRASH!!! That's the #1 way to loose the ability to be at some one's place.

I wish I was there cause I'd gladly help. I'm going to be doing the drag strip parking lot's soon as well.

One last thing... Don't even ask if you can run NITRO on the skate park. IT makes a mess. Unless it's asphault. Then it's too hard to see.