Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Dragonus II

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Optimus110103
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dragonus II

Just got my Dragonus about an Hour ago, and (Rusty) "I'll tell ya" ..... *grin* I am impressed. Rusty is now my sole hobby supplier. I got my ELITE this morning while I expected to get just an NV 2 plus. but due to some problems on Rusty's end he sent me the Elite to make up for it. Nobody else would do that. Nobody. Loyal Customer for life. Anyway. the bird is absolutely beautiful. Bet it looks even better when I get it built LOL. I will keep you guys informed on the build.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:44 AM
UfcGuy39

Have it put together yet? If it is your first build, bet you haven't been able to stop. How's it going so far?[sm=idea.gif]
Old 08-30-2008, 01:16 AM
Optimus110103

Oh it's built, I worked 5 hours straight. lol. OMG this thing is perfect. Now I am trying to decide on electronics. I Dont know what I am going to use yet, Suggestions are greatly appreciated. I can't wait to get it all set up and in the air, if it flies as pretty as it looks..... but to tell the truth I am kinda scared to fly it. But once it's in the air I think the fear and nervousness will go away. I think it's time to get some new bigger batteries too. Man this is like a drug.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:49 AM
UfcGuy39

Same thing happened on this end. I seemed a bit overwhelmed at first. Looked at everything, and put it away for 1 day. Rusty said that when most guys start, they end up going non-stop. I hit it on the second day, finished it in about the same amount of time., 5-6 hours. Then I let out a Whoo Hoo! I like it much, much more than my Rex Clone, Shark. It is soo much lighter and better quality.
I'm still having a ton of trouble with my Shark (Vibrations after a mild crash). REplaced almost everything in the head, tail, etc.
I have decided to rid myself of it. I'm getting an Elite, to go along with my NV II Dragon. Will be here next week.

As far as Electronics,, Well - you can go several directions with this. I'm not going to tell you what to get. Just figure out what you going to spend, then put together your list. I'm going CSM for gyro, and a Futaba digital on the tail. Cyc. will probably be the same as my NV, futaba S3114's. I have a Dx6I that is used for both, so I'm putting my 6200 Spektrum receiver (moving to the Elite) to use the same Radio. I purchased the Cnc. Billet landing gear from Rusty also, so I have them on the Dragon also. I like them as they are a lot wider than the stock landing gear, and I do not use Training gear, even when setting up now. The Heli's just slide around on the ground, when tuning, with little risk of dumping them over. Were very helpful when I was setting up my Gyro and the bird was piroetting in circles all over the place. It was bad - due to setup wrong, but fixed and never was in danger of tipping over.

Rusty is very helpful when it comes to Budget to/vs setup. I jumped from Artec gyros to Telebee , which are ok, but for the Elite - I think Csm is the way I'm going as far as Quality over the 401. Another decision that I had a lot of input from Mr. BetaPilot.

Good luck in you decision, and stay posted. It is nice hearing back from ya. PeAcE - Rob (Ufc)

ooooo, almost forgot one thing. Check into the Outrage 1800's - (Batterys) - There priced good at CastleRock, and are light, and pack a ton of punch. The 1800's will be lighter than the 2200 Outrage's, and flight time is close to the same 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Talk to you know who......[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 08-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Optimus110103

Well, I just got the call from work saying i have a long stint ahead of me which means no more time for the bird for 2 weeks, but it also means that when I get back I will have the money to get her set up right. I Decided to go with the JR 6102 radio, and I am going to use JR S241 servo's on the cyclic, i am going to use a Danlion 3500 I believe it is, and pair that with a Waypoint ESC from Rusty. As far as the tail servo goes, I am thinking about that still. And I am going to use the Telebee (Maybe the CSM). I will be picking up either the Outrage 1300 or 1800 batteries, or maybe both, and That I think will de her.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:45 PM
UfcGuy39

Cool, I have that Danlion motor and Esc. Seems to have the power. Good choice. Talk to ya when you get back to it.[8D]
Old 09-01-2008, 04:49 AM
Optimus110103

As of now I have installed Esky stock electronics as place holders, while I wait on my other stuff to come. I t wont ship till Tuesday because of labor day, and should be here by end of the week I hope.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11266.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1023609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76180.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1023610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28413.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1023611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25031.jpg
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1023612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp45998.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1023613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10305.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1023614  
Old 09-04-2008, 09:54 AM
UfcGuy39

It flies!!! I'm liking this helicopter. Took it out to the street yesterday afternoon. What a difference this bird is to fly. It was a bit windy when I got home, but couldn't resist the urge to get it outside. Put it up in a hover a couple of times, as there is not much room between the houses where I am at. The wind made it tough to keep the Dragon in one place, so that was it for now. Rainy weather and wind will make me wait again until this weekend. I have to give a loud Shout Out to Rusty on this one. I'm really going to enjoy this helicopter, and cannot wait to get started on building the Elite when it arrives.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

I will throw up a few pictures this weekend.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:16 AM
UfcGuy39

Here is my NVII completed. Canopy is going to be replaced, as it is a rework of a messed up 1st paint job.

Name:	Ec89613.jpg
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1030259   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77254.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1030260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38382.jpg
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	1030261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cv61154.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1030262  
Old 09-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Optimus110103

Well My radio came in finally, with the servo's I needed to fly this thing. It was raining all day yesterday, so that sucked but I couldn't resist, so I brought the bird up into a hover in the kitchen last night, it's a whole different experience when compared to a king, It's been a month almost since I have flown anything but lama, so it took some getting used to but it was great, Now I have to get it all trimmed out and get my radio set up for it. Even untrimmed and with the radio unprogrammed, it flew unbelievably well, can't wait to get it outside today and try some FF. Get my first crash under my belt, so i don't feel so affraid of this thing.
I'ma get some new pictures of it up soon, I did a few things to it, My radio came with some JR decals, and I have to say they actually Made the bird look better. hehe, Didn't know JR made Rotor blades, didja.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:12 PM
UfcGuy39

Went out to the baseball field after work tonight. Was flying pretty well for a bit. Was flying in a bit of wind and over corrected the nose coming down, and flipped the heli over on its head button. What a dummie move that was. [:-]
What I really like about this helicopter, is that the damage was really nothing. Broken main shaft. That's it. I was about 4' up when the bird was flipped into the dirt/soft mud. I'm so impressed with this hollow main shaft.
I had a crash a couple of months ago with my Shark, and it wasn't nearly as bad, and the damage was 5x worse. Wow!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:21 PM
shadowflyer101

well it's nice to see you guys took our advice with this bird. like i said, you wont be dissapointed.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:34 PM
UfcGuy39

No, not at all. Love this thing so much, had to get another. Have the Elite about 3/4 the way put together. Waiting on Hex screws to get here, as I replace all of the philips. Servos, Billet gear, and this one will be ready to be maidened also. Can't wait.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:49 AM
UfcGuy39

Anything new on the Dragonus front? Crashes? Pictures? Good flights recorded? 'show your Dragonus some love'!!

I'll get some pics taken of my Elite here shortly.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:06 PM
xodarap1

Fly it everyday it isn't raining. No new crashes to report.. lots of hard sport flying. Doing snap rolls, flips, tic tocs, tail slides, low inverted hovers just inches off the grass.. with the PLASTIC head version, stock WOODEN blades and the cheap ESKY 8g servos that were on my honey bee king2 lol... and not even one boom strike lol. What an amazing little heli. I was going to upgrade some of the parts, but.. WHY when it can do all this stuff on a tight budget setup? I'm still very happy with this heli.
Steve
Old 09-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Optimus110103

Recent stuff, We had an Event in my area, Got to ride in a Robinson R44. and got to fly a little, After they stopped flying the R44 I got to go out on the field and open the dragonus up a bit, she flew great. wish I had gotten some video of ti, I will next time.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHQl7SwkIbE]Whoa![/link]

Name:	Zw69386.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	1041944   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45809.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	1041945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40026.jpg
Views:	43